Review by Miriam nkere -- Learn to Love: Guide to Healin...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Review by Miriam nkere -- Learn to Love: Guide to Healin...

Post by Miriam nkere »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life" by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life is a self-help book written by Thomas Jordan. The author intends to open the eyes of his audience to the negative things they must have learned about relationships and how to unlearn them to enjoy a healthy love relationship.

Thomas Jordan divided his teaching into three parts. The first part was 'Unhealthy Love Life.' And he started by telling us what an unhealthy love life means and does to our relationships. He then goes further to the 'Psychological Aspect,' which is very important. The author stresses that to change an unhealthy love life, one has to work on the psychological part of the love life learned earlier. These are the negative experiences stored in our memory like abandonment, abuse, mistrust, neglect, etc. We have to consciously unlearn all these negative experiences that are likely to affect our relationships in the future. He takes us to the last part, which is the 'Unlearning Method.' This part is the highlight for me, and the author included formulas and practical exercises to help readers evaluate their love lives and make corrections. If you want to know more about these unhealthy relationships and how to remedy them, please pick the book and read it.

The author did thorough research to put these great lessons together. Thomas Jordan is a psychologist, and his wealth of knowledge made his teachings so refreshing and engaging. I appreciate the author for adding his personal love life accounts in his writing to motivate his readers.

The aspect I enjoyed most is the table provided by the author for readers to rate their relationships. It helped me to know the kind of relationship I have been exposed to and the kind of love relationship I have given out.

I must attest that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The author was able to hold my attention right from the first page to the last. He wrote in a simple language that made my reading experience enjoyable and seamless. I even felt I was undergoing a therapy session, and it gave me insights into how to enjoy a healthy love relationship.

I do not hate anything about this book because it is life-transforming. I highly recommend this book to singles and married people, especially those suffering from their past relationships and who are afraid to love again.

In conclusion, I am glad that the book is also professionally edited. I found only a few typographical errors in it, and it didn't affect my comprehension and love for the book. Therefore, I'm happy to give this book a perfect rating of four out of four stars because it gives hope, enhances a better love life, and helps those struggling with emotional problems.

Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life
View: on Bookshelves
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful review. I have already read this book and absolutely loved it.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

A healthy relationship is what couples want and this book surely can be of help. Unlearning is not an easy task and the book talks about the method which is great. Thank you for a insightful review!
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

Wow this book is inspiring.Seeing the kind of heartbreak one experience this days, I think the book will be of help to people. Thanks for the educating review.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

I too enjoyed and benefitted from this book immensely and I agree with your rating.

Great review!
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

It is always a good thing to read about love and relationships. I think this book is perfect. Great review!
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Topic on relationship is one of my first picks when choosing a book.
I hope to learn more from this one.
Thanks for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I like your summary of the book. It makes me want to read the book. I just put it on my bookshelves. Thanks for the wonderful review.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Erin Dydek
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

The author’s insights and education sound very beneficial for learning about relationships and improving the health of relationships. Thanks for sharing the positive aspects; it sounds like it was a helpful book!
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

The “Unlearning Method” sounds very useful. It gives hope when you learn how to change the things that need to be changed. Thank you for your thorough review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

This is a really detailed and insightful review for this book. Well done, great read.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

What an interesting premise! How often we move on to different relationships without healing from past wounds. I loved how you described all the different aspects of this book. This sounds like an informative read. Thanks for the recommendation!
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

Interesting. Love is a sensitive topic that needs extra care in tackling. For you to read an enjoy a book on this topic is credit to the author. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:

Post by Miriam nkere »

Kavita Shah wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 10:29 A healthy relationship is what couples want and this book surely can be of help. Unlearning is not an easy task and the book talks about the method which is great. Thank you for a insightful review!
Yes unlearn is not easy at all but it is necessary to have a healthy love life relationship, Thanks
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:

Post by Miriam nkere »

Unsullied wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 01:01 Interesting. Love is a sensitive topic that needs extra care in tackling. For you to read an enjoy a book on this topic is credit to the author. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Very sensitive and beautiful that why we must make it work at all cost

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”