Review by Parahiyo -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by Parahiyo -- We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko

Post by Parahiyo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: Fires of Vikro by Matthew Tysz is the second book of the We Are Voulhire series. It is a science fiction book mostly centered in Virko.

Lord Eldus of Hillport had planned to have Alcovia send Magnum Caelum iron in exchange for food. It would help them to sell weapons and armor to Hillport and the southern army. They later received terrible news, Lord Eldus, his family, and half of Hillport were dead. The Riva Rohavi had slaughtered them. It became an issue because the iron promised to Magnum Caelum was claimed by Virko. Heer Mayor was sending Rowan, Demetrius Waters, a monk of the church of Destinism, snd Galen Bray to reason with someone in Virko.

In Virko, Hans Hrelek is to take over after his father dies. Lord Venden's health was progressively becoming worse, but he was worried about his only son, Hans. In his house, Rendenhide was built by the military a decade ago. The house was a source of baiting and binding a demon. Hans Hrelek is believed to be controlling that demon and has plans of using it. Demetrius is also planning to do everything in his power to save his hometown. Rowan and Galen Bray are willing to help no matter the cost.

I liked the book because the storyline and plot were amazing, unique, and had a steady flow despite being in several sections. Familiarizing with both old and new characters of the book was easy. Their gradual character development was well-done.

Demetrius was such an epic character. He was willing to help his hometown. His friends Roman and Galen Bray are always there to support him even though it is risky. The friendly, playful, and teasing remarks among them were entertaining and humorous. I'm sure this helped relieve tension present during the strenuous activities that they were doing. The way the author also portrayed Lord Kayden's marriage is relatable. Lord Kayden ignored what he fancied and chose to build a family only because he was concerned about what other people would think of him.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. I will therefore rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading it and found it engaging and intriguing. I would recommend this book to anyone that loves fantasy and fiction books. But before reading this book, consider starting with the first book of the series to understand the story better. This book immediately continues where the first book ended.

We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
63tty
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: Vanessa's Niece by H Horace Broomes
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

Your summary of the book is amazing. Have not read this book but I will definitely read it. Great review.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Malve
Currently Reading: Onyx
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malve.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Malve »

I can tell you enjoyed reading the book. The story line is amazing, and I absolutely love the author’s creativity.
I read the first book and can’t wait to read this one.
Thanks for your amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”