Review by Ipshita P -- Void by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ipshita P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ipshita-p.html
Latest Review: President's Day by Stephen A. Werbel, Ph.D.

Review by Ipshita P -- Void by Tayma Tameem

Post by Ipshita P »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Void" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The first book of the series Vanished: Void by Tayma Tameem is about the mysterious disappearance of an one year old boy on his birthday. The story mainly focuses on the investigating officer and Detective Alan Banks and the Gallager Family consisting of Ryan Gallager the father, Sally Gallager the mother and Jessica Gallager their 4 year old daughter.
Ryan Gallager is a loving husband and an amazing father who does everything he can to keep his family happy and running. Even while facing crisis like unemployment, debts, missing child he kept on serving as the supporting pillar to his wife and daughter through difficult times.
Sally Gallager is a hardworking mother and a wonderful wife. She was almost everything that a man could ask for. Although battling with depression and seeing a doctor for a while, she never let it affect her family environment. We see that Sally was indeed a strong woman with a strong sense of sensibility.
Alan Banks was an accomplished detective who never left any case open. He left no stone unturned in order to reach the root of the case. He is a character who will make you fall in love with him.

The story keeps you hooked till the end. The way the story progresses is quite interesting. I read every bit of the story to get an idea of who the mysterious kidnapper might be? Was it the parents or was it someone else. On one side, we see that the parents literally worshipped their children and then again it seemed as if they had enough reasons to be behind this mysterious disappearance. The book is also quite well written and edited. As a fan of thrillers and mystery, I totally loved the book. Alan Banks is my favorite and Jessica Gallager is outright adorable. Ryan and Sally are like the dream parents that everybody would love having. The book ends with a cliffhanger that makes me want to read the next book quickly. The chapters following "Shattered Hope" were quite sad but heartwarming at the same time. I had tears in my eyes but a smile on my lips at the same time. It was like I wanted to tear up but the smile on my face won't let me.

There was nothing in the book that could be called bad. But still some things according to me could have been done in a better way. Although all the characters in the story were quite well written, I personally feel like the character of Alan Banks deserved a little more light. Maybe a little more about the investigation process would have been really great. Also at some point of the book, it seemed as if AJ, the missing boy was completely forgotten as the story focused only on the Gallagers. But it was also kind of necessary for the plot so I think that this can be overlooked.

The book overall was awesome and a must read because it won't let you get bored. The pace is just fine and the use of language in the book is also quite appreciable. I would like to rate this book 3 out of 4 stars for its ability to keep us hooked throughout and for introducing us to such amazing characters. Minus one star for not being able to provide some in depth character sketch and losing its momentum somewhere between the the point when the couple decided to go to the media to Ryan getting arrested. Although it picked up its pace soon after that.

I would recommend this book to everyone who like genres like Thriller, Crime and Mystery. It is suitable for 15+ teens and adults. This is really a good book and anyone reading it will like it for sure. It is not difficult to understand and written in a simple but heartwarming style. I would like to request every one reading this review to try reading this book at least once.

This is my second review on this website. I am pretty new to this so I just wrote what I felt after careful reading of the book. I understand that the author has done a really difficult job in writing this book. But please do consider this as a critique. I look forward to reading more from you in the future.

Void
View: on Bookshelves
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I think my next read will be about mystery.
This sounds like a very intriguing book!
I hope the pace is enough for me to enjoy reading it.
Thank you for your review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Ipshita P
Currently Reading:

Post by Ipshita P »

You are welcome. Please go for it. It is indeed intriguing.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I have always loved Tayma Tameem. I like your summary of the book. It makes me want to read the book. I just put it on my bookshelves. Thanks for the wonderful review.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Ipshita P
Currently Reading:

Post by Ipshita P »

It was my pleasure to review such an amazing book. I really hope you have a great time reading it.
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

I love investigative films and books. This one seems quite interesting going by your review. I'll definitely check it out.
Ipshita P
Currently Reading:

Post by Ipshita P »

Please do read it. I hope you surely have a pleasant time reading it.
Subnkr
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Subnkr »

An unbiased but sweet review for a newbie with all elements and ingredients intact. I have never been a great fan of crimes and detectives, but your passion and love in your review is enough to lure anyone to read the book. Really looking forward to do so. Keep on reading and reviewing.
Chansing Zimik
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chansing Zimik »

That was quite a review. I love mystery and thrillers, so this is such a great help. The storyline seems really interesting, so this could be the next book I'll read. Good job
Ipshita P
Currently Reading:

Post by Ipshita P »

Subnkr wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 22:50 An unbiased but sweet review for a newbie with all elements and ingredients intact. I have never been a great fan of crimes and detectives, but your passion and love in your review is enough to lure anyone to read the book. Really looking forward to do so. Keep on reading and reviewing.
Thank you so much. It really means a lot coming from you. I'll keep on writing more and more so please keep supporting.
Ipshita P
Currently Reading:

Post by Ipshita P »

Chansing Zimik wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 23:19 That was quite a review. I love mystery and thrillers, so this is such a great help. The storyline seems really interesting, so this could be the next book I'll read. Good job
Please do give it a read. It's an amazing book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”