Review by Ada Ling -- Catapulting Commissions

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Review by Ada Ling -- Catapulting Commissions

Post by Ada Ling »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Catapulting Commissions" by Anthony Garcia.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When I first picked Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia, I was ready to make notes on several sales skills. After reading through the book, I realized it is a motivational guide. Anthony is a sales expert with two decades of sales experience. In this book, Anthony talks about the mindset and how beliefs set the foundation to achieve goals. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned sales professional, this book is on the mission to help you get the commissions you want.

This is a precise and easy read book. The whole book asks eleven questions, with each chapter covers one. The question triggers the reader to reflect and think about the next steps. The author then teaches the readers to be mentally strong, set a target, and create a support system.

The second part I like about this book is all the examples the author gave. For example, the author emphasizes confidence is the most attractive characteristic. Even fake confidence can help impact a sales goal positively. To inspire his team to get first place each year, the author writes an acceptance speech at the beginning of each year. Then the author holds it until the end of the year. It is such a powerful example that I even wrote a speech for myself.

There are a lot of books covering goal setting and strategies. But this book adds new things such as how to deal with failure and set up goals. The author lets the readers know that it's normal to fail at more goals than you accomplish. "The more you fail in life, the more you win." Regardless of the venture, failing is a possibility. Anthony makes the readers understand that failing at tasks is not unusual. When covering setting up and goals, the author encourages readers to think about the worst-case scenario. Think about the things you need to sacrifice to achieve that goal and ask yourself whether you are willing to commit.

I enjoyed everything about this book and rated it 4 out of 4 stars. There are some minor grammatical errors. But this does not impact my reading.

In short, this book is not designed to teach fundamental sales skills like cold calling or closing the sale. Instead, it is a motivational read that encourages people to set a goal and achieve it. It is a must-read for all sales professionals, whether they are entry-level or experienced. Additionally, this book can be helpful for business owners who has product or service to sell.

Catapulting Commissions
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Wesusa
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Favorite Book: David Copperfield
Currently Reading: Dune
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: “In Search of Jesus of Nazareth and His Original Teaching” by Paul A Weekes

Post by Wesusa »

I reviewed this book as well, although I did give it a slightly lower score. I just found it hard to keep up with a few of the anecdotes, I felt a few were too short and a few went on a too long.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.
Dzejn_Crvena
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 1928
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

Confidence indeed affects your sales activities.
I like the addition of questions to brainstorm the readers.
Thanks for your helpful review.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Kaylie's Forgotten Birthday- children's book by Kimberly Shelton-Porter

Post by Emily_Jen »

The questions asked in this book trigger the reader to reflect and think about the next steps in life. The author also teaches the readers to be mentally strong, set a target, and create a support system. I'd like to read this book. Thanks for the review.
63tty
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: Vanessa's Niece by H Horace Broomes
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I love nonfiction books and this is perfect. I love it. Cant wait to read it.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
smolbird
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading: You Glow Girl
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Dinner at 10:32 by Mahyar A. Amouzegar
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

It's very helpful that the author added ways to deal with failures, as most motivational guides don't even consider that a person might fail. Thank you for the thorough review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: No Reezon by Tara Falling Douglas

Post by markodim721 »

I think that self-confidence on a sound basis is the key to success in sales. Great book and review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”