Review by shravsi -- Mister Pushkin Sees The Light

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Review by shravsi -- Mister Pushkin Sees The Light

Post by shravsi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mister Pushkin Sees The Light" by AC Michael.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Klem knew his cat was a Russian Blue, even with the unusual golden eyes. Not that he cared, but his bossy secretary...! Klem was a model cat parent who understood and respected the independent nature of cats. He always made sure to stock up on his cat’s favorite food. If he ever changed the menu...well, you will know its consequences after you read this book.

Mister Pushkin loved his salmon, milk, windowsill, and walks. During walks, he had unlimited freedom over choosing his adventure path. He would stalk a pigeon, or drag Klem near the beautiful tai chi instructor, or chase squirrels onto trees; this sometimes resulted in Klem having minor injuries. But what was he supposed to do? His owner never let him roam outside on his own! Thus, the tiny bit of trouble he caused to Klem was acceptable. Mister Pushkin’s daring and inquisitive feline powers turned Klem’s dull life into everyday adventures. Come on, dear reader, let us join Mister Pushkin on his exploits, with his permission, of course!

Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael is a collection of 12 short tales. This is a fun animal book written from a cat’s perspective. The stories were sensible, relatable, realistic, and entertaining. Mister Pushkin’s changing nature around Ruth and Amanda was amusing to read. The cat’s efforts to wake up sleeping Klem was probably my most favorite part of this book.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book seemed well edited as I didn’t find any mistakes. There was no profanity or sexual content that made this book unsuitable for young readers. The author’s descriptive writing style made up for the lack of illustrations. The only fault I could think of was the mention of an ancient custom from the 1800s; it was unnecessary in a book meant for young readers. I will leave it to parents’ discretion to either read or skip tale 10.

If you are looking for a fun way to introduce your kids to pets, especially cats, I will gladly recommend this book. I will suggest this book to eight to eleven-year-olds; parents can read this to younger kids who are still learning to read. Kids will learn about the cat’s affinity for fish, warmth, naps, etc. Repetitive phrases like “settled down like a mother hen” are fun to read along with. This book will also improve kids’ vocabulary. Not only kids but pet-loving adults will also have a blast reading this book. This book is the first volume of Tales Of Mister Pushkin series. Since this book ended on a minor cliffhanger, I am eager to read the next book in this series.

Mister Pushkin Sees The Light
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”