Review by KapuKapu -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KapuKapu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kapukapu.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Review by KapuKapu -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by KapuKapu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mindset by Ace Bowers is an inspiring true story of overcoming one's shortcomings and achieving great success through hard work and faith. It picks up from his early life and various traumatic experiences he undergoes and how it adversely affects his childhood. The dark cloud from his early days follows him to adulthood, which in turn almost derails his journey and brings him to the lowest of lows in his life.

Ace Bowers carefully explains how one situation completely changes his life trajectory for the better and becomes the motivation needed to turn his life around. This situation entails the meeting of his future wife and the birth of his kids. He also decides to finally let go of his tumultuous past and forgive his parents which ends up being the catalyst that propels him to become a Silicon Valley millionaire and great father and husband. It shows that sometimes to overcome one's obstacles, the first step is always to look within oneself.

What I liked most about the story is how he manages to turn his life around from a janitor to a well-respected business person. He also drives home the point home that first impressions matter when it comes to business as seen how he drastically changed his outlook from a fat individual to a well-built man. This proves that how you look or act can sometimes affect how other people see you. This book shows that no matter how bad things become, there is always a way out and a means to change one's fortune.

There is nothing to dislike about this book as it is drawn from the author's own experience and he views the world. The book was professionally edited and well written, however, there were a few instances of profaneness throughout the book. They do not offend anyone who decides to read this inspirational story. The book does not delve into religion or any religious beliefs; therefore, it is suitable to all since it does not offend one's beliefs.

This book is a blueprint on how to deal with the various obstacles that life throws at you. I recommend this to all who are experiencing some lows and have given up hope. This story can help uplift your spirit as it did mine and be the spark that lights the fire that propels one to achieve the goals that otherwise might seem unattainable. Because of the factors, I listed above; I give this book a rating of four out of four stars.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”