Review by Devalsodha -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Pen...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Devalsodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devalsodha.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Devalsodha -- Cat Detectives in the Korean Pen...

Post by Devalsodha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi is a fabulous adventurous tale for children. The story revolves around Inca, a Siberian Kitty, and her furry friends. They all are a group of animal detectives. Inca’s human mom, a culinary chef, was selected as a judge for a friendly cooking competition held in South Korea. Inca and her team head up to Korean Peninsula along with the humanoids. The family there met Ye-Jun, their Korean guide, and Baram, his pet dog. Ji, Ye-Jun’s sister, and Bo-Mi, their Korean Kitty, were in North Korea. The family was unable to unite. What was the mystery? Will Inca and friends be able to solve it? How will they overcome the barriers?

Inca’s human mom had invented an awesome kind of cheese. She was to introduce her creation on her visit to Korea as a judge for a friendly competition. Inca and the members of her detective agency were very much excited about the event. They had great confidence in the flavor of the new cheese. However, there was a funny incident related to this cheese on the airport itself. Will Inca & friends save the cheese from being stolen away? This and many more adventurous moments await in the book.

Inca is the head of the famous detective agency. I loved the way she introduced all the members of the detective team by unveiling their special quality along with their cute pictures. They all possess their distinctive dressing style. This gave them a unique identity as well.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. The author included details about the delicate situation between North and South Korea. I also learned about the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). Furthermore, the book gives information about various animals. This I am sure will help kids connect more with the pets.

I am glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is an exceptionally well-edited book. The author has penned an intriguing story with a very simple and enjoyable narrative. The book offers a unique and interesting story that gives surprising twists and turns eventually. The plot is brilliant and sure to take the reader on an adventurous ride. The adorable characters and charming illustrations make the book a lively read. The story is not only gripping but informative too.

This book is number eight in the Inca Cat Detective series. The author is a passionate animal lover and has written this series inspired by her pet cats. Kids can easily get attached to the cute furry characters in the story. I recommend this book for children ages 5 to 13. Parents of toddlers can read aloud the book to their kids. The author exhibits her unique writing style by using expressive words like “Aha ha” and “ding dong.” This gives a liveliness to the narration. This delightful book will amuse the kids. Enjoy!

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”