Review by sharon titus -- Wilderness Cry

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sharon titus
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Review by sharon titus -- Wilderness Cry

Post by sharon titus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wilderness cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and Universe by Hilary L Hunt M.D. is a non-fiction depicting author's experience in understanding God. The novel is centered on God, and his perfect (unchangeable) love (acceptance) of all beings.

The book tells the author's journey of understanding the errors in the way God is described by the church. His research of the holy scripture includes the true meaning and purpose of God, Jesus Christ, and the holy Spirit.Author views the writers who claimed to write the actual word of God to be just mere humans who are naturally biased. Hence, we do not know the authenticity of the so-called word of God.The author give details on how the Church has total control over our spiritual life and has formed an organized dictatorship. As the church only preaches condemnation and repentance. That only leads to self-pity, guilt, and desperation of begging as well as buying our way in heaven.

I liked the author's emphasis on heaven not being a place but a state of mind in peace and happiness. This can be only attained by loving God and our neighbors as we love ourselves. Here love means total acceptance, that is accepting people as they are with all their flaws and shortcomings. This is Jesus's principle of love(acceptance) being mandatory for peace and happiness.

There is nothing that I particularly disliked about the book. Hilary serves us with concrete analytical reasons for his take on religion. The unbiased presentation allows the readers to form their own opinions. The book does not contain any profane language and erotic scenes whatsoever.I enjoyed reading the book, as it explained many contradictions and misinterpretations of the Bible. These explanations were supported with valid examples.

I am rating Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe 4 out of 4 stars. This book deserves appreciation as it enlightens the reader about the unanswered question related to religion. The book is efficiently edited as I did not come across any typos or grammatical errors.

I would recommend this book to the lovers of non-fictions and philosophy. It is a must read for the people of all religions, as it serves as a guide to understanding God and the universe. I believe the book would be more suitable for a mature open-minded audience as it covers topics like God, Trinity, Sin, The Bible, eternity, marriage, Jesus, Sexism, and many more.

Wilderness Cry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

The theme of love and truth is good. Heaven is a state of mind- that's wonderful. Thank you for a great review!
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Explaining your vision on religion with analytical reasons seems like an interesting approach. More and more authors try to reconcile science and spirituality, which is a good thing. Thank you for this well-written review!
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Philosophy is a very interesting topic. I honestly prefer having conversations about it, so I don't know if I would enjoy it very much. Nonetheless, I enjoyed your review. It was very thorough and detailed :).
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

The world would be a better place if we, indeed, loved God and our neighbors as ourselves and accepted them as they are. This book certainly gives you food for thought. Thank you for your interesting and informative review!
Mercy Osmond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-osmond.html
Latest Review: The Trials of Uwe, Parts I, II and III by Steven L Masia

Post by Mercy Osmond »

The book seems like an eye open to what God and the universe is really about. Thanks for the educating review.
sharon titus

Post by sharon titus »

Kavita Shah wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 10:22 The theme of love and truth is good. Heaven is a state of mind- that's wonderful. Thank you for a great review!
Thank you for stopping by!
sharon titus

Post by sharon titus »

Mercy Osmond wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 03:30 The book seems like an eye open to what God and the universe is really about. Thanks for the educating review.
The book is a great way to discover true meaning of God. Thank you for stopping by!
sharon titus

Post by sharon titus »

Prisallen wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 07:37 The world would be a better place if we, indeed, loved God and our neighbors as ourselves and accepted them as they are. This book certainly gives you food for thought. Thank you for your interesting and informative review!
Thank you for stopping by!
sharon titus

Post by sharon titus »

RayRuff wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 04:21 Philosophy is a very interesting topic. I honestly prefer having conversations about it, so I don't know if I would enjoy it very much. Nonetheless, I enjoyed your review. It was very thorough and detailed :).
I am glad that you enjoyed my review. Thank you for stopping by.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

I like that the author showed concrete analytical reasons for his take on religion and his journey of understanding the errors in the way God is described by the church. Thanks for writing a very comprehensive review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”