Review by Ada Ling -- Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Review by Ada Ling -- Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Ada Ling »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jeff Meyer’s book Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute is a biblically oriented guidebook. The author shares experience from his own life, the people around him, and the characters from the Bible. It is inspirational. It is also practical as it offers systematic advice on how to dream big and achieve it.

The structure of this book is simple, and the author always puts the reader as the priority. The book starts with how to use it. As a reader, you do not need to read sequentially. The reader can jump into the middle of the book and find a lesson that works for that day. The whole book divides into two major sections, “Dream Sparks” and “Realization Strategies.” Each section consists of 30 chapters for a total of 60 readings. At the end of each chapter, the book has “Try This” suggestions for the readers. The readers can practice what they learned in the previous chapter.

Another part of this book that attracts me is Jeff as a person – his honesty, passion, and openness. Jeff writes with an open mind and a warm heart from his personal and pastor ministerial experiences. Jeff uses these experiences to urge the readers to think, find and execute big God-driven dreams. From word to word, I can tell he loves his church and the people he serves. The tone he uses to encourage the readers is always relaxing and warm. The whole book shares the author’s thoughts just as the reader is sitting at the kitchen table, sipping coffee with Jeff and exchanging ideas cheerfully.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This book has several negative elements that prevent me from giving a higher score. Firstly, this book is written from a religious perspective. Some of the tips call for pray. As a non-religious reader, I cannot use these tips. Furthermore, though all the stories are authentic and inspirational, not all are new to me. Thus, I do not know how much I can get from these stories as a reader. Lastly, there are a few grammatical errors, including punctuation marks and spacing format. But this does not impact my reading.

This book will be best for Christians who want to dream big or feel stuck in the execution. The book offers lessons and tips to help readers find their dreams and put them into action step by step. However, if you are not a Christian but stuck in life and would like to have a push, you can still give this book a try. Just be cautious about the religious content. This book is so inspirational that it will certainly kick you.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”