Review by El_limitless -- The Pro-Achievement Principle

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Review by El_limitless -- The Pro-Achievement Principle

Post by El_limitless »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Pro-Achievement Principle" by Dr. Deborah Bright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Often, we come across books that teach leaders how to lead effectively. Hardly do we ever come across books that teach followers or team members to be effective in their roles.

The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright is a non-fiction book. Its central theme is to build a cooperative interaction between leaders and team members in an organisation. It seeks to achieve this by exposing the shortcomings of leaders and team members in an organisation. Thereafter, it goes ahead to enlighten both parties on improving their work performance for better output. In the book, leaders and followers alike are made aware of how much they could achieve with a better skill set and a change of mindset.

The author mentioned specific personality traits needed for an improved output in business and organisational life. In subsequent chapters of the book, he went ahead to explain these attributes. What are these attributes of a pro-achiever? How do these attributes ensure improved performance at work? Find out by reading this exceptional guide.

The book has a lot of positive aspects. Firstly, I loved that the author used real-life scenarios and relatable examples to instruct readers on how to perform their best at work. His explanation of these attributes is easy to understand. He used these real-life examples to drive his points home.

I also loved that the author outlined significant steps to take in recruiting the right person who will significantly advance an owner's business or organisation. He added some sample interview questions in the book. I also loved that the author used some famous quotes to emphasise his points. On some pages, the author used a self-examination chart to help the reader review his attitude to certain work experiences. I love that about the book as well. Also, this book will keep the reader's interest because of its moderate length.

I found nothing to dislike about the book. It was professionally edited. It offers invaluable information that will help readers improve the quality of their work lives. There were no grammatical or spelling errors in the book. Consequently, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give this book a lower rating because there were no errors in the book, and I thoroughly enjoyed every part of it.

I recommend this book to leaders of different groups and everyone aspiring to lead people in the nearest future. I also recommend it to people who wish to become better team players. It is a brilliant model for improved team performance.

The Pro-Achievement Principle
View: on Bookshelves
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

As someone who isn't a born leader, I feel like I could definitely use this book. You make a compelling case, so it will go on my list. Thanks for the great review!
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for a great review! This book will be helpful to the leaders and team workers. A lot is achievable with change in mindset, and this book sounds like it explains that and a lot more.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Mariana Figueira »

Sounds incredible, thanks for the insightful review!
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Thanks for a well-detailed review and recommendations. This book will definitely be beneficial to mist people who are employed.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is great that the author used real-life scenarios and examples that can be found in real situations. Thanks for the good review.
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

This sounds like a really helpful and well-organized book. Great review!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

I love that this book targets everyone in the organization rather than just sending in leadership with a bunch of ideas that may be irrelevant to what the doers actually care about or how they best operate! I'm a person who loves to identify issues so we can be clear about what we're working around or need to correct up front (and continually), so I'm also down with that. However, through a variety of organizations and companies, I've not found that trait in many others. I hope that this book does as well as you've predicted at building teams up, and I hope the teams are strong enough to resist tearing each other down. Thanks for your review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It is good that the book addresses leadership as well as the workers in an organization. It sounds likes a very informative book. Thanks for a great review!
Janet Kimetto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

A lot of people are bound to benefit from reading this book. How much just a nudge in the right direction could do... Thank you for great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

You had me interested from the first paragraph of your review. This book would be beneficial for people in the business world and maybe beyond. Thanks for writing an engaging review!
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This seems like a good book to help people in every work role be able to work together better. Great review!
Mwatu
Currently Reading: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mwatu.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Mwatu »

I think this is a good take on achieving success as one who is being led. Thank you for a lovely review!
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Wow. I think I will enjoy reading this one. Thank you for sharing. This was such a beautiful review b
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

It seems like a very useful book. We have a saying in our country, something that translates like: the fish will start to smell from the head. Meaning that the leader is crucial to any team. I enjoyed reading your informative review, great job!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”