Review by Godspraise Precious -- Ironing by Navajo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Review by Godspraise Precious -- Ironing by Navajo

Post by Goodness C N »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ironing" by Navajo.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ironing by Navajo is a fictional book of exactly 128 pages, which explores topics regarding the happenings and endeavours accruing from human existence. The contents of this book are tragic, and at the same time, comical and soothing. Similarly, this book largely delved into the events in the lives of three friends named Emma, Ginie, and Royanda. These female friends are youngsters full of energy, vibe, and a lot more. To find out in detail what these girls represent, I suggest that you read Ironing by Navajo.

I was pleased by the humorous and enticing nature of the storyline surrounding the three friends. And as such, I looked forward to it. The parts where Caitlin met some men she got to know via a dating site were also appealing since I loved the conversations she had with them and what she thought of each after they hung out.

As a personal rule, before reading any book in a detailed manner, I skim. When I did that, I discovered that this novel is not divided into chapters, line breaks, and even the paragraphing was so poor that one can hardly recognize its incorporation. Naturally, this put me off. Because more than anything else, I do appreciate a book that is distinctly separated into underplots, as this makes for easier comprehension. Thus, to be sincere and blunt, everything seemed so jumbled up. Consequently, this book was an insanely frustrating read. Again, there were a lot of characters that were poorly developed, and subplots ended abruptly. There were many ideas that I thought would make sense as I read further, but to my utmost dismay, they vague. Finally, it was repelling that this book ended as a cliffhanger, and I also had a hard time relating to most characters.

I came across a number of confusing sentences and errors. Regardless, I'd say that this book was professionally edited since it was not numerous. On the other hand, owing to the number of things I disliked in this novel, I have no option than to rate Ironing 3 out of 4 stars.

It is also necessary to state that there was an explicit use of profane words. And as such, readers who can't stomach this should be wary of perusing through Ironing. Also, those who find fictional books appealing and those that love discourses about everyday life will find this a worthy read. Therefore, I recommend it to them.

Ironing
View: on Bookshelves
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is really a pity that the book that promised is essentially very poorly organized. Thanks for the good review.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I recently read this book and was also disturbed by the lack of chapters and poor formatting. I do, however, appreciate the author's sense of humor.
Nichole Kurns
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Still Life
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nichole-kurns.html
Latest Review: Intricate Mandalas with Inspirational Quotes: by Big Initial Studios

Post by Nichole Kurns »

This book looked promising but I will have to pass. I wanted to read about the main characters lives and like books that showcases the author’s sense of humor. However, I strongly dislike underdeveloped characters and abrupt endings.
Thanks for your review.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

Day to day life events of three friends. A character driven story . Thank you for the detailed review!
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

This is a perfect review. The characters are relatable. Welldone
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

I appreciate well written reviews. This is because it gives me an idea of how to structure my reviews subsequently. Thanks teaching me what a good review is. And congratulations for having your review published. I love humorous books
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

Your review is exceptionally written and I enjoyed it. I am of the opinion that every book needs a review. I think I love the comical aspect of it. Kudos.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”