Review by Rwill0988 -- We are Voulhire: The Knights of C...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bhuvana Subramanyam
Favorite Book: Lady Smoke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhuvana-subramanyam.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Re: Review by Rwill0988 -- We are Voulhire: The Knights of C...

Post by Bhuvana Subramanyam »

Thank you for the thorough review!! I liked how you explained the characters, and how you justified your views! I read the first book in the series but didn't want to continue further. Still, I enjoyed reading your review. Kudos!
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

Sakura5 wrote: 20 May 2021, 06:12 I agree with you, the group dynamic between the three main protagonists is definitely one of the highlights of this series. I just love it! Nice review!
Do you have a favourite of the main three? I think Rowan has quickly become mine. Thank you for your comment.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:

Post by Rwill0988 »

Marcel Cantu wrote: 20 May 2021, 08:15 I have read some of the books in this series and they are not really for me, but the author is very unique and creates interesting characters and worlds. Great review!
Thank you for checking out my review. I can see how this series wouldn't be for everyone. I like how you can still see the uniqueness of his characters and world.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:

Post by Rwill0988 »

MarianaFigueira wrote: 20 May 2021, 12:46 This series is something else! Thanks for your wonderful review.
Thank you for your comment. I'm fairly surprised more people aren't talking about it. There are so many books already written and there seems to be a good amount of interest in them.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:

Post by Rwill0988 »

Sou Hi wrote: 21 May 2021, 03:21 Thanks for your throughout review. I've never known there were that many colons, ellipses, and semicolons used in this book :D.
I noticed them a little bit in the other book but became overwhelmed by them in this book. I blame my teaching background for that. Thank you for your comment.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:

Post by Rwill0988 »

Kavita Shah wrote: 21 May 2021, 03:55 Thank you for a great review! Its detailed, informative and the quote is great. I have read the fist two books of this series and sure hope to continue reading.
I hope you get a chance to read more. Think you will enjoy the next books in the series if you liked the first two. Thank you for reading and replying to my review.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:

Post by Rwill0988 »

Mwatu wrote: 22 May 2021, 02:38 I agree with the grandmaster of the order of Joshua that Peace through war is as transparent a lie as lies come. The book sounds interesting and the storyline well-developed. Thank you for a lovely review!
It was definitely an interesting novel and series. There are definitely pearls of wisdom within the books.Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my review.
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

I'm impressed by the author's ability to keep things so interesting and coherent this far into the series. The introduction of military material could've completely changed the tone, but it takes a talented artist to incorporate a huge thing like war into your story and not mold your story around war. Thanks for your review!
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:

Post by Rwill0988 »

Jagiine wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 21:18 I'm impressed by the author's ability to keep things so interesting and coherent this far into the series. The introduction of military material could've completely changed the tone, but it takes a talented artist to incorporate a huge thing like war into your story and not mold your story around war. Thanks for your review!
I agree with you. The focus of the story shifts but it stills stays true to the characters and stories that were developed in the previous stories. It was interesting to have a "war story" without endless action scenes. Thank you for your comment.
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

Nice review. I have read the third book in the series but I was not really impressed with it. I read this review to see whether I should continue reading the series but while this review is well written, I am again not won over by the plot. This series just isn't it for me. I'll have to pass on this one.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:

Post by Rwill0988 »

Nathaniel Owolabi wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 18:17 Nice review. I have read the third book in the series but I was not really impressed with it. I read this review to see whether I should continue reading the series but while this review is well written, I am again not won over by the plot. This series just isn't it for me. I'll have to pass on this one.
That makes sense. If I didn't feel invested after the first two books of a series, I usually stop. It is admirable that you gave the series three books and still looked at the reviews for the next. Thank you for your comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”