Review by Aditya Nadiger -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aditya Nadiger
Currently Reading: The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditya-nadiger.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Review by Aditya Nadiger -- Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Aditya Nadiger »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel is a novel written by Adam Guest. As the title itself says, it is a fictional story that involves some interesting concepts like alternate realities. If you love reading sci-fi stories, then this is the perfect book for you.

The book follows first-person narration by a fictional person called Gary Jackson, who also happens to be a significant character in the story. The narrator narrates his life’s incidents as a story by exploring their different possibilities (as hinted in the title). Unlike in most of the novels, where the narration is linear, this book employs the technique of parallel narration.

Gary Jackson, the narrator, faces many problems in different worldlines due to some weird incidents. But he is an objective-minded and open-minded person and loves to explore new things. So, Gary faces them with courage. Even though some events become difficult for him to explain to the public, he still also gets tremendous support from his family and his friends to face those challenges. But will he be able to find happiness and peace in the end?

The story is a perfect blend of science, romance, emotions, and humor. The story has many plot twists, which makes it very unpredictable and exciting. The narrator explains every minute detail of the story very carefully. Even though the concept used in this story is theoretical, the plots are still internally consistent. Author Adam Guest has portrayed the uniqueness in some characters of the story very clearly.

Various theoretical stuff is discussed in this book which is interesting to read. I liked how some characters in the story are open to new ideas. The language used is simple and easy to follow. While reading, we can also witness some humourous conversations which embellish the plots.

One thing which I am not impressed with within this novel is its pace. The story proceeds slowly. Some plots are irrelevant to the main storyline. I also feel that this story lacks a theme. I found some profanity too. My rating for this book is 3 out of 4. The reason I gave this rating is because of the absence of a proper theme. I found no errors or typos in this book. This book is exceptionally well-edited. I would recommend this book to those readers who love to read sci-fi fiction novels and fantasy novels.

Worldlines
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”