Review by Devalsodha -- Cell Biology For Babies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Review by Devalsodha -- Cell Biology For Babies

Post by Deval Sodha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cell Biology For Babies" by Dr. Haitham Ahmed.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kids are the little humans who are always curious to explore almost everything they see. Right from childhood, we impart knowledge about various body parts. I was amazed when I read the book, Cell Biology for Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed. I loved his idea to introduce the little geniuses with a cell, the basic fundamental unit of life. The author wrote a wonderful book that introduces young minds to the great wonders of their body. The book imparts information about the cell and its essential components in a fun-loving manner. Which are these components? What functions do they perform? Explore this unique picture book to find out.

The author, a physician, is passionate about early science education. This book is a brilliant way to stimulate the love for science at a young age. The book introduces kids to the picture of a cell with all its components and the primary information about it. Thereafter, each new page unfolds the name, image, and functions of a particular component of the cell. The details of these elements are mentioned using simple language and easy vocabulary accompanied with beautiful illustrations. The author did a brilliant job.

The author adopted a similar pattern throughout the book. He used the same picture of a cell. However, only the related component is kept in color, while the rest of the picture is in grey. For example, on the page of vesicles, only the vesicles are in color and the rest of the cell is in grey. I loved this wonderful technique of visual learning.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. The colorful illustrations used in the book are outstanding. The author explained about the component and later invited the child to point out that particular component in the image. This interaction with the child strengthens the concept and keeps the child engaged throughout the book.

It is an exceptionally well-edited book. I commend the author for writing a book that conveniently imparts important education to kids. The color theme, illustrations, and interactive nature of the book make it a perfect read for curious minds.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book is a perfect, educational read for young kids. The author brilliantly explains the complex terminologies of biology in a simple language. I loved the way the author tries to connect to the young readers by asking simple questions at the end of each topic.

I highly recommend this book for children ages 1 to 10. Parents with toddlers can read this book to their kids and introduce them to an important building block of a human body. This book can also prove to be a gem in an elementary school or a preschool library. This interactive picture book will keep the young readers engaged till the end.

Cell Biology For Babies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

It is great that the book tries to get children interested in science from an early age, in a way that suits them.
Deval Sodha

Post by Deval Sodha »

markodim721 wrote: 09 May 2021, 11:40 It is great that the book tries to get children interested in science from an early age, in a way that suits them.
Yes
Thank you for your kind words.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

A book that help teenagers to identify the body and the its process with illustrated pictures. This must be helpful for younger audience. Thank you for the detailed review!
Nicholus Schroeder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholus-schroeder.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nicholus Schroeder »

Hope this book can answer a child's need to know where babies come from.

Good review!
Deval Sodha

Post by Deval Sodha »

DANAWEB wrote: 16 May 2021, 11:56 A book that help teenagers to identify the body and the its process with illustrated pictures. This must be helpful for younger audience. Thank you for the detailed review!
Yes it's a very helpful book.
Thank you for passing by.
Deval Sodha

Post by Deval Sodha »

Nicholus Schroeder wrote: 16 May 2021, 18:53 Hope this book can answer a child's need to know where babies come from.

Good review!
No, it will help kids identify the basic building block of a human body.
Thank you for your kind words.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

How interesting! I like how Dr. Ahmed can make this interesting even for young children. They’re smarter than most people think.
Deval Sodha

Post by Deval Sodha »

Amy Luman wrote: 09 Feb 2022, 09:42 How interesting! I like how Dr. Ahmed can make this interesting even for young children. They’re smarter than most people think.
Indeed yes
Great that you liked it

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”