Review by Ondijo Junior -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Review by Ondijo Junior -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Ondijo Junior »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From rags to riches, from a janitor to a millionaire within five years, this is what I call the impossible possible. Came from a blue-collar family, where there was a daily evening fight between the parents Ace believed in himself that he could change this vicious cycle. He developed an overcomer’s mindset and possessed “motivation.” Sit down, relax and enjoy the review as I take you through the book The Mindset by Ace Bowers.

Being the last born in the family, Ace was always home most of the time with the parents who were alcohol addicts. The parents would take alcohol every evening and start fighting. This disturbed Ace to an extent that he could not invite any of his friends for a sleepover. When Ace finished high school, he was unable to join a college; he had nowhere to go; he became a heavy smoker, his life was almost coming to an end until he met Yuka, a Japanese lady who became his roommate and later the wife. Ace got a message from Yuka, that was, “am pregnant” the two-letter word became a wake-up call for him and that’s when the journey to success began.

The Mindset is dived into 10 chapters, each chapter having a subtitle. This amazing motivational memoir transverse the following themes, family, sacrifice, death, and love. The book is written from Ace’s point of view.

First, I am thankful that this book crossed my path! This 100- paged book is both inspiring, educational, and well written, I could easily relate to what the author was going through, the hardship childhood he faced. The author’s writing style is a delight to relish, and it makes the book engaging, I found my time smiling at the sense of humor the author used sometimes.

All in all, this was an entertaining and educating novel that you can devour in one sitting. Indeed, that’s what I liked most about it. I learned that nothing is ever a waste of time if you learn something from it. I found myself curled up in my bed one evening and running through the pages to find out how the narrator ended up being a millionaire so first.

I would say the book was professionally edited as I never met any grammatical errors. I, therefore, rate it 4 out of 4 stars I gave it a full rating because I never met any dislike. I recommend it to everyone, especially those who are depressed about their background as it encourages us to develop an overcomer’s mindset.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

Sounds like a motivating book. I like that the author's wake-up call was a two-word letter from his wife telling him that she was pregnant. Looks like he aspired to be a better parent than his parents were.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

There are a lot of motivational books out there. However, this one seems to be written by the author with his life experiences. Thanks for the detailed review!
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:

Post by Ondijo Junior »

Fireside119 wrote: 13 May 2021, 05:46 Sounds like a motivating book. I like that the author's wake-up call was a two-word letter from his wife telling him that she was pregnant. Looks like he aspired to be a better parent than his parents were.
indeed its a great motivational novel i would advice you to read some day. thanks for commenting on my review
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:

Post by Ondijo Junior »

DANAWEB wrote: 16 May 2021, 02:30 There are a lot of motivational books out there. However, this one seems to be written by the author with his life experiences. Thanks for the detailed review!
yes the author had experience when he was writing this bool. in fact its based on a true life story.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”