Review by Booklover Becca -- Rediscovering the Wisdom of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Re: Review by Booklover Becca -- Rediscovering the Wisdom of...

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thank you for such a well detailed review, and I think I won't read this book.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Mtibza eM wrote: 08 May 2021, 10:59 Thank you for such a well detailed review, and I think I won't read this book.
I completely understand. I encourage people to read it themselves to make up their own mind, but if you’re limited on time to read, go for something more enjoyable. This one felt a bit like a chore towards the end. Thanks for stopping by!
Jennifer Garcia 555
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-garcia-555.html
Latest Review: Somebody’s Watching You by Robin D'Amato

Post by Jennifer Garcia 555 »

This author has an interesting perspective, but it does t not sound very realistic. I enjoyed reading your review.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: into the willd
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

Well it certainly sounds like the author has some interesting ideas, but it sounds like a lot of them are not well thought out. It's too bad about the condescending tone as well. That's never a good way to bring someone around to your way of thinking. Thank you for your honest and informative review.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for an honest review! The author had clearly many sour experience in today's world. A book to talk about changing back to being uncivilised 😅. I just cannot see it happening now or later .
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

The author made some good points, but you are right in stating that good editing does not make up for wild conclusions and an arrogant writing style. This is a well-written review. Thank you for the insight.
Well done.
Durgeshwari Dolas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durgeshwari-dolas.html
Latest Review: Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders by Brian E. Forschner

Post by Durgeshwari Dolas »

Yes technology had changed us but that's what life is all about I guess, growth.! Because going back won't be changing anything, the human emotions whether it's greed, selfishness, hunger of power and status etc etc.,are not going to change. That's the point we can't go back! Its in our hand how we want atmosphere to be.
Thanks you for your honest review. It must have been tough to read where your thoughts doesn't match with what you're reading.
“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: We need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.” – Philip Pullman
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:

Post by Becca Olsson »

Jenniferg_1105 wrote: 08 May 2021, 14:03 This author has an interesting perspective, but it does t not sound very realistic. I enjoyed reading your review.
Thanks for stopping by, I completely agree
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:

Post by Becca Olsson »

unamilagra wrote: 08 May 2021, 15:23 Well it certainly sounds like the author has some interesting ideas, but it sounds like a lot of them are not well thought out. It's too bad about the condescending tone as well. That's never a good way to bring someone around to your way of thinking. Thank you for your honest and informative review.
Part of the problem to me was maybe it was thought out, he simply didn’t have any evidence to back up any of his claims. Overall, I agree completely
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:

Post by Becca Olsson »

Kavita Shah wrote: 09 May 2021, 01:36 Thank you for an honest review! The author had clearly many sour experience in today's world. A book to talk about changing back to being uncivilised 😅. I just cannot see it happening now or later .
I thought so as well. He claims that his ADHD left him unable to connect to others well until he began to be medicated. Thanks for stopping by
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:

Post by Becca Olsson »

Michaeljerry309 wrote: 09 May 2021, 08:52 The author made some good points, but you are right in stating that good editing does not make up for wild conclusions and an arrogant writing style. This is a well-written review. Thank you for the insight.
Well done.
I’m glad you enjoyed the review. Thanks for commenting!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:

Post by Becca Olsson »

Durgeshwari Dolas wrote: 09 May 2021, 12:48 Yes technology had changed us but that's what life is all about I guess, growth.! Because going back won't be changing anything, the human emotions whether it's greed, selfishness, hunger of power and status etc etc.,are not going to change. That's the point we can't go back! Its in our hand how we want atmosphere to be.
Thanks you for your honest review. It must have been tough to read where your thoughts doesn't match with what you're reading.
Yes! Negative emotions aren’t new to modern civilization. That seems to be where the author is going wrong. Thanks so much for the comment
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I don't think I'll bother reading this book - I think the author's tone would irritate me too much :) Great review!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:

Post by Becca Olsson »

Brendan Donaghy wrote: 10 May 2021, 03:39 I don't think I'll bother reading this book - I think the author's tone would irritate me too much :) Great review!
I’m glad you enjoyed the review, thanks for stopping by!
Saint Bruno
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Oh ...oh... Sorry you find this one hard to recommend. Thank you for the honest and insightful review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”