Review by pratyushaa_09 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pratyushaa_09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pratyushaa-09.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by pratyushaa_09 -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriva...

Post by pratyushaa_09 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Voulhire is a small country which is prosperous and people who live there are happy. The king who rules it is very dedicated towards the country and does whatever he can to help in developing the country further. The people of the country love and respect the king with all of their hearts. A small town in Voulhire has been appointed with a new lord, lord Eldus. Lord Eldus has a huge responsibility of healing the town from what his preceding lords did. Hillport has had two not-so-good Lords before Lord Eldus. Lord Orlin was accused of perversion and that he was a pedophile. Lord Melodarth, who replaced Lord Orlin was a very powerful magician and was arrested and declared dead by the king in a short while. Although the people of Hillport doubt that Meldorath might still be alive.

Galen bray has spent almost all his life in a war zone in the Land of princes. But fortunately, he gets a letter from his late uncle who was a blacksmith in Voulhire, saying that he is the heir of his uncle’s property. When he reaches Voulhire he figures out that his uncle had hired a financier to help him with all the work. Galen falls in love with the country as soon as he reaches there, as it is so much more peaceful and beautiful than the country he lived in earlier. While the financier, Rowen, helps Galen with everything and gives him new ideas for his business, Galen explores and experiences the wonders and adventures of Voulhire.

We are Voulhire a new arrival under great skies by Matthew Tysz is a great book. It is very exciting and it keeps the reader engaged with it all through the book. The book is indeed a true fantasy novel. It takes the reader to its own world like Alice in wonderland. I don’t remember the last time I read a fantasy novel as good as this. The characters portrayed in the book are very interesting. The imagination with which the author has written the novel is absolutely magnificent considering the beautiful places mentioned in the book.

Although, the book has some drawbacks. It has too many different plots and I had some difficulties connecting everything together because of that. I had no idea where the story was headed until almost the end of the book. I also expected Galen Bray to have an important role since half of the story revolves around him, which didn’t seem to happen. The story of Galen had no connection with the rest of the story which revolved around the difficulties that the country was going through, which made it tough to understand the actual plot of the novel.

The book is well-edited, I did not find any error in it. It also has some amount of profanity and mild child abuse. But it’s not inappropriate for young adults.

I will rate the novel 3/4. It’s a really good pick for people who love fantasy novels. The book is perfect for young adults and adults who like fantasy fiction.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”