Review by Mounce574 -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Review by Mounce574 -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Winning The War On Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski is a book that addresses the dark monster that I have faced since 2014. If I had been informed of the natural remedies available to treat cancer, I would have chosen an alternate path than surgery.

The studies and Sylvie's personal journey to continue her father's work are detailed in the book. The French government detaining and destroying Mirko Beljanski's laboratory is evidence of how political agenda coincides with “Big Pharma's” influence on the economy. Explanation of how cancer spreads throughout the body is very extensive. Beljanski includes multiple examples of other scientists that have been placed in jail when they started looking into natural alternatives. As the book progresses, the portrayal was effective in proving the difficulties of getting studies on people to see if the extracts would be helpful for cancer. There are several hyperlinks listed throughout the book that allow for further reading of each medical study publication.

Beljanski's story for her father's suppressed accomplishments is inspirational. I found it so encouraging that I looked up the website provided for the various supplements. I ordered them for my stepfather and explained how he should try them. Since it has only been a week, I am hoping that he can add to the testimonials of success. It is easy to see how discoveries of natural cures could effectively take money from the large pharmaceutical companies. The examples of the treatments used for cancer were broken down to show their positives and negatives. Currently, there are only three types of recognized treatments for cancer: surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation.

The use of the smaller italicized font used in areas of the book is something that I disliked. It was difficult to read even when I magnified it. I think that editing it into a regular font would make this easier to read. The editing is otherwise professionally done, as I noted no grammatical errors.

This book deserves 4 out of 4 stars. I found the supporting studies for the examples given were easy to access. The appendices showed the publications by Mirko Beljanski that had been recovered up to 2018. The highly technical medical processes being broken down for understanding are significant strengths in this book.

My recommendation for this book is for anyone looking at natural alternatives to current treatments for several diseases. This is also a great example of why large pharmaceutical companies don't want the public to know about natural medicine. I think doctors that are genuinely interested in curing people would benefit in reading this. Anyone that believes this is just a book written by an activist should, at minimum, read the foreword. The foreword written by the executive director for the Alliance for Natural Health is convincing. Family members and cancer patients would benefit from reading this book as it also offers examples of questions that they can ask their doctor so that they are able to have access to all possible options available. We should be looking for curing diseases instead of managing it.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I reviewed this book too, but I found the lengthy medical explanations to be tiresome at times. Although I admire how Sylvie deciphered all this, even without a formal medical background. I hope your stepdad gets better. Please let us know. I'll keep him in my prayers.
It was very interesting to read your perspective, thank you!
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

This is an interesting book that gives alternatives regarding health care. Thank you for your review.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

It seems like an inspiring book. I find it highly important that the book is substantiated by relevant studies. Great insight, great review!
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Natural remedies for illness are becoming a trend these days, especially after studies that have come out regarding the use of man-made medicine. I may have to give this book a try. Thanks for the review! :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

Natural remedies are a lot better in my opinion. It's great to see that there is a book about it too. I didn't even know that you can treat cancer with natural remedies.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Stephanie Runyon

Lunastella wrote: 01 May 2021, 11:13 I reviewed this book too, but I found the lengthy medical explanations to be tiresome at times. Although I admire how Sylvie deciphered all this, even without a formal medical background. I hope your stepdad gets better. Please let us know. I'll keep him in my prayers.
My stepdad's pet scan came back, and he is cancer free. He goes to a cardiologist to check his heart since he had a heart attack a month ago but he feels much better.
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Mounce574 wrote: 07 May 2021, 16:08
Lunastella wrote: 01 May 2021, 11:13 I reviewed this book too, but I found the lengthy medical explanations to be tiresome at times. Although I admire how Sylvie deciphered all this, even without a formal medical background. I hope your stepdad gets better. Please let us know. I'll keep him in my prayers.
My stepdad's pet scan came back, and he is cancer free. He goes to a cardiologist to check his heart since he had a heart attack a month ago but he feels much better.
Oh, thank God! I'm very glad.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your informative review. It seems this book will provide a cheap yet effective cure for cancer patients, who don't have enough financial capability to support themselves in their fights.
Stephanie Runyon

Sou Hi wrote: 14 May 2021, 04:20 Thanks for your informative review. It seems this book will provide a cheap yet effective cure for cancer patients, who don't have enough financial capability to support themselves in their fights.
I agree. The cure rather than management was a big plus for me.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

This will be an eye opener for many(me included). The big pharmas run the world so a natural treatment is not very well known.
Thank you for a wonderful review!
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

A detailed explanation of alternate remedies for cancer patients. The author seems to have done an extensive research before writing this book. Thank you for the detailed review!
Rosandra Hosein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosandra-hosein.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Rosandra Hosein »

Lovely review. I just finished reading this book. Kind of sad that I finished so fast.
Rosandra Hosein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”