Review by Ebubechinwaogazie -- We are Voulhire: A New Ar...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Ebubechinwaogazie -- We are Voulhire: A New Ar...

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered how people who experienced hurt and pains almost all their life live? We are Voulhire, A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz tells a fictional story of a young man named Galen Bray, who fled his country to a better place in search of peace. The author took the reader on a journey through time, across the lives of well-known historical figures, to learn about the war and chaos that occurred in the Lands of the Princes where Galen hailed from.

Galen barely experienced happiness, as he never knew how it felt to be loved. He experienced war, right from a tender age, and originated from a nation where he found no one to share his pains and burdens with. This was because everyone was already in pain. How do you think he coped? How will he adapt to his new environment? What awaits him in this new country? This book actually kept me in suspense, as I kept anticipating what would unfold next. Indeed, Galen’s experience was a heart-wrenching one, but they ended up having lessons attached to them.

I enjoyed the whole content of this book, although, at the initial stage of reading it, I felt a bit agitated because of the subject under consideration. This is because I am not familiar with war stories. However, as I continued, I discovered it was worth reading. The author used historical figures, places, and characters to explain. This enhanced my flow of reading the book. Also, I loved the fact that he divided the book into segments to buttress his points effectively for the foregoing reason. Another amazing part of this book that I loved so much was the exciting memories that were created between Galen and his newfound companion, Rowan, in the land of Voulhire. Furthermore, the author skillfully described the Land of Voulhire in different ways, using different scenarios, and this enhanced my imagination of this country.

Considering that there is nothing negative I have to write about this book, I am giving it a rating of four out of four stars. This perfect rating comes from the book’s engaging and entertaining content. Furthermore, this book was professionally edited, as I didn’t encounter any obvious errors.

I, therefore, recommend this book to anyone who is a lover of science fiction books or books that incorporates magic or war, as it will appeal to them.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”