Review by Faithmwangi -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Jo...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Faithmwangi -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Jo...

Post by Faithmwangi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A slave’s life was not an easy one. There were rules and regulations set to ensure the slaves were kept in line. If any of these rules were broken, the consequences were dire. Most of these commands made the slaves feel less than human. Lily was one such slave. She was forcefully ripped from her mother’s arms at a tender age. What made it worse was it’s her father that carried out this heinous act. However, Lily was no ordinary slave. She had gifts that would leave any crowd speechless. Would she pursue her dreams? Would she finally be with the man she loved? All this transpires in The Prodigy Slave, by London Syke.

This is a captivating read that will keep you at the edge of your seat the entire time you’re reading it. The book takes you through a roller coaster of emotions. One moment you’re happy with how things are going for Lily, and the next, you are consumed by anger because of how she is being treated. It becomes necessary to put it down after a few chapters to absorb the information and the turn of events.

What I loved most about this book, without providing spoilers, is the relationship Lily had with her best friend. It is the kind of friendship that most of us long for. Despite the hurdles and misunderstandings, they were still capable of being there for each other. To me, this was proof that time and distance don’t necessarily change how people feel about each other.

What I dislike most about this book are the characters that portray jealousy and hatred towards their fellow man. While having a perfect world is impossible, I could not understand why these individuals always wanted things to go their way. It is because of such actions that some of the characters experienced loss in one way or the other.

The author’s use of imagery made scenes look very real and relatable. The grammar is easy to understand, and I found no errors while going through the book. It is for these reasons that I award the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is the first book in a series. The ending is unexpected and leaves you with a cliffhanger that will prompt you to get the next read.

This book has some explicit scenes; therefore, I would not recommend it to a younger audience. I recommend it to fans of romance and stories that are heartfelt.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”