Review by Sunday diamond -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sunday diamond
2021 Reading Goal: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by Sunday diamond -- We are Voulhire: A New Arriv...

Post by Sunday diamond »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the book, We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz, readers are introduced to the world of Voulhire, the book being the first installment of the We are Voulhire series. The storyline centered on Galen Bray and his experiences as he explores his new destination.

Galen Bray is a young man who yearns for freedom from the perpetual terror in the Lands of the Princes. Therefore, having received a call-up letter to Voulhire, he made no hesitation to begin his journey into Voulhire, even though he knew nothing about his new destination. Truly, Voulhire is considered prosperous by all; however, the same is the target of some powerful mages who have gained and enhanced their magical power by exploring the world of magic, Caromentis. Such is Meldorath Dalehei. He has rendered the Voulhirians terrified at his existence in Cosmo, the physical world. At the disappearance of Meldorath, King Wilhelm of Voulhire has pacified his fellowmen with the news that Meldorath is dead. But is he really dead? Also, we see the people of Riva Rohavi whose silence is an ominous sign against Voulhire. This is the situation of Voulhire.

Therefore, how would the King keep his so-much-cherished country (Voulhire) in the face of these rebels having mystical power and keen interest to see Voulhire destroyed? With this situation of Voulhire, as opposed to Galen Bray's thought, would he still be satisfied with his yearning for peace and reasonable life?

I must commend the author of this great fantasy novel; the storyline, characterization and the author's use of words in describing scenes made the book unique and enjoyable. There are lots of the book's aspects that made it interesting to read. First, the availability of the glossary for the names of places, names of personalities and culture which made the book sound original; second, the manner in which the author builds the characters. And also, the provision of the map that shows the geographical situation of Voulhire - this made the places seem real beyond a mere fantasy. Generally, I do love books and scenes that feature paranormal ideas, and this book provide such. This was exemplified by the role played by Meldorath, Beth and Siden. It thrills me to read about those actions, especially, by Meldorath and Siden. Their actions made me feel as if I was watching an action movie on a television screen.

Furthermore, I love the individual-role-as-chapter organizational style that the author employ in telling the story. This befits such an adventurous novel. And it was professionally edited, so there's nothing I could dislike about the book. Hence, I would like to give We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

I recommend the book to those readers who love fantasy stories and action scenes.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
John Owen
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Post by John Owen »

I read and reviewed this book too, it was amazing. The magic and battles were epic, especially Meldorath's. I am currently on the 3rd installment and can't wait to read the next. Quite an informative review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”