Review by cjl1995 -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cjl1995
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjl1995.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by cjl1995 -- We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End

Post by cjl1995 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: Someone Else’s End by Matthew Tysz is the third book in the We Are Voulhire series. The golden age of Voulhire has come crashing down. The bubble of prosperity and vibrant life has burst, revealing the shadows that have been lurking underneath. The kingdom’s many enemies are closing in on all sides. Some are obvious, such as the terrorist group Riva Rohavi. While others are still hidden in the dark, waiting to pounce.

Galen, Rowan, and Demetrius are a group of three friends that have been embarking on adventures since the first book. This time, they find themselves in Soulhire, Voulhire’s capital city. Will they be able to outrun the demons that are catching up? Or will they find themselves thrown from the frying pan and into the fire?

In the third book of the We Are Voulhire series, Tysz continues to enthrall the reader with multiple storylines. With each chapter in the perspective of a different character, the reader connects with, not only the protagonists but the antagonists as well. The multiple viewpoints writing style is one of my favorite aspects of Tysz’s books. Going on more than one adventure in one book and watching the stories slowly collide into one large story is what makes me unable to put this book down. Another impressive aspect of Tysz’s writing is the amount of detail and how intricate the world of Voulhire is. It is so detailed that Tysz provides a glossary in the back of the book, as well as a website with an even more in-depth history of Voulhire.

The only issue I had with this book is that the perspective would sometimes change characters within the chapter. This could be confusing sometimes until you figured out which character was speaking. This was not enough to affect my rating of the book and I give it a score of 4 out of 4 Stars. I also found no errors and can confidently say this book was professionally edited.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good versus evil fantasy novel, where the reader gets to see both sides. I would also highly recommend reading the first two novels of the series, We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies and We Are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko, before reading this third book. Reading those two first would allow the reader to learn about the world of Voulhire and see the overall character growth. I would not recommend this book or series to sensitive audiences due to the non-borderline profanity and graphic content.

We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I haven't read this book, but your review makes me feel like I should give it a go - thanks for that!
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

All great civilizations come to an end. That's what it looks like happened to the Voulhire. I like the idea of having chapters written from the antagonist's point of view. It's good to get in the other person's mind once in a while. Thanks for your wonderful review!
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I have not read any books in this series, but I am amazed at the detail the world of Voulhire seems to have. Thank you for a wonderful review! :balloon:
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”