Review by Dman_1996 -- Create the Life You Want

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Review by Dman_1996 -- Create the Life You Want

Post by Damian Keyes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Create the Life You Want" by Raymond P. Gerson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raymond P. Gerson is a former career counselor and the author of this book, Create the Life You Want, which details his personal and professional experience that helped him to achieve the life he wanted. Gerson divides this book into four parts - Career, Purpose, Relationship, and Contribution - that guides the reader through a path through self-transformation from the inside out.

This self-help book gives readers the information to succeed in their personal and professional life as they learn to be their best selves. Gershon covered topics that will help individuals to be successful as leaders and in their relationships. He showcases from his personal life how these topics are perfectly implemented, once a person can transform their mind so they can be open to a love life or becoming a mentor. The author discusses how he failed in his first marriage and how he followed each step that he wrote about in this book to find his present wife, Debbie. Gershon showcases how anyone’s life can improve, only if they are open mentally, physically, and emotionally, so that they can accomplish anything they put their mind to.

Create the Life You Want doesn’t contain any profanity or sexual content. Gershon discusses how he wrote this book for seniors in high school because this book will set them up for their journey through life beyond school. So, I will agree with him and recommend this book for all high schoolers who are about to graduate and have no sense of direction. If you want to read a book that will help you choose your passion and how to go about it - like it made me feel - then I would recommend this book to you. There’s a “Six Steps to A Fulfilling Career” section early in the book that will help those in need. I would not recommend this to individuals who are already living in their purpose and are able to answers the questions at the end of each chapter successfully.

This book was a quick read of 64 pages that held my attention throughout. I loved how the author was able to organize his points in a concise and efficient way, without it being rushed. What I loved about this book was the “Summary of Lessons Learned” sections that are included at the end of each chapter. Gershon made it easier for me to look back over each point he made in a compact form. I love learning new things so when Gershon talk about this self-study program called Pathwork, that will help people overcome any roadblocks or limitations in their life.

I only found one minimal error in the entire book, but it didn’t distract me from the story. Otherwise, I would say this book was professionally edited and I am happy to give this book a 4 out of 4 rating. I can honestly say that there was nothing I disliked about this book. Gershon showed he had full knowledge on the four topics - Career, Purpose, Relationship, and Contribution - he covered by providing personal stories from his life and his years as a counselor that made him a reliable source of information for what he wrote. Everyone, do yourself a favor and get this book!

Create the Life You Want
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”