Review by Rosy12 -- Always Before Me by John Servant

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosy12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosy12.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by Rosy12 -- Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by Rosy12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Come to me those who carry heavily laden, God will give you rest. God is slow to anger, harden not your heart. Always Before Me, a book, written by John Servant is a story of mercy and salvation. John gives accounts of the lives of men before they met when their paths collided and then there is everything after.

Chapter one begins with a sad scenario. One man is lying dead in a casket, and the other has been stabbed, unfortunately, no doctor was to come. John Servant diverts the reader's thoughts to talk about father Anthony and father Paul life history. Father Anthony is a teacher, a crime it is said he committed has robbed him of his career and his life is not the same again. Father Paul is carrying someone else cross, being in prison for a crime he knows nothing of.

Other than diminishing his reputation, father Paul's life in prison brought out the best in him. He lived an exemplary life following the teachings of Jesus Christ. It is in prison that this book's plot progress further. Always Before Me has a didactic theme, the major theme being prayer, forgiveness, compassion, crime and God's love for mankind. In prayer, we see the mystery of healing. Paul is so compassionate that he forgave those who wronged him even to the point of his death.

John tells us, readers, to pray without ceasing. He mentions that the Holy Mary mother of God will intercede for us if we offer our petitions to her. This is done through the rosary. Praying the rosary guide Christians to commemorate the life of Jesus and her mother Mary. The mysteries of the rosary are joyful, sorrowful mysteries, glorious mysteries and luminous mysteries. Jesus Christ tribulations on earth formed the sorrowful mysteries. Father Paul agreed to live a life like Jesus following His deeds. The author using the parable of the sower in the Bible seeks us, readers, to live according to the teaching of God, have faith and never give up on God even when persecuted or betrayed.

The message of salvation and mercy is clear. I am delighted to review this book in a season when the Catholic faithful is on the lent season. This is a season to seek forgiveness and ask for God's mercy, to lead a life that is pleasing to Him. I did not like the character of Blood, his rudeness is cruel. This is a glorious book and gets 4 out of 4 stars . Missionaries, the Clergy and readers who like reading religious books will find John's book suitable for them.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”