Review by Rukitejevbo02 -- Seeker 5 by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rukitejevbo02
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: the Whitney cousins
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rukitejevbo02.html
Latest Review: Seeker 5 by Tayma Tameem

Review by Rukitejevbo02 -- Seeker 5 by Tayma Tameem

Post by Rukitejevbo02 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Seeker 5" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The A Block was a paradise that almost sounded too good to be true. If you just so happened to receive an opportunity to live there, you could bring your family too. However, only 5% of the population enjoyed the privilege of living in the A Block. To get to be a part of that, all you had to do was join the Trials. Easy, right? Wrong.

Everyone knows that signing up for the Trials is almost equivalent to signing your own death sentence: your chances of making it out are very slim. Skylar Caellum had witnessed it firsthand: she lost her older brother, Liam, in the Trials when she was just nine. She lost her father not long after.

Living in F Block meant low food and water rations: the water could not suffice for daily showers, and the inhabitants had to manage whatever meagre supply of food they had. The kids in F Block were also denied the right to have a proper education. In short, the entire population was slowly dying out. The deaths of her father and older brother prompted Skylar to make life worth living for herself and her family. Much to the initial disagreement of her mother and younger brother--the only family she had left--Skylar joined the Trials.

Seeker 5, the first book in the Seeker 5 series, by Tayma Tameem is a dystopian book about the journey of Skylar and her best friend, Brent, as they strive to make a better life for their families.

The book had an intriguing introduction. I loved the fact that when I started reading, I didn't have the slightest idea of what was going to happen. The author did a good job in connecting the events throughout the book. The author perfectly emphasized each theme of the book. Tayma Tameem expertly captured Skylar's excellent leadership qualities and her determination to achieve her goal, the unfair treatment the inhabitants of F Block received, and the brutality of the Trials. The book was concluded in such a way that left me in suspense and made me interested in completing the series.

I disliked nothing about this book. While I found the plot of this book interesting and engaging, it could definitely go for another round of editing. I was rather confused by some of the errors, and there were a few missing words.

The language was clean, and the book was simply written and completely devoid of erotic scenes. Because of that, I can recommend this book to younger readers. However, I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone who's easily shaken up by tragedies. Due to the errors I found, I will have to deduct one star and rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Seeker 5
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”