Review by Ashley-Osuna -- The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Review by Ashley-Osuna -- The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Stolen Heir" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Stolen Heir, by Tayma Tameem, narrates the story of the continent of Krasoria. In this world, there are two kingdoms: Thumeria and Paleria. The royal families are at peace with each other and have been for a long time. However, this is all about to change.

The royal families arrange a marriage between Thumeria's heir, Jumen, and one of the princesses of Paleria, Auralia. Soon after they get married, princess Auralia gets pregnant. Sadly, when the boy is born, he is taken away. Nobody knows where he is or who might have taken him, and amid the chaos, the kingdoms blame one another. This animosity sparks a war that will last many years.

The boy, named Erik, is brought up in a loving household with his foster parents. He is not aware of his origin or the power that he beholds. When he is seven, his foster parents die, victims of the ongoing war. Left alone, Erik has to learn how to survive by himself. Despite battling all sorts of obstacles and adversities, he will have to figure out who he is and what he can do to help the kingdoms.

There were a lot of things that I liked in this book. First of all, I think the author did a marvelous job creating and depicting the world in which the story takes place. But my favorite aspect of the book, by far, were the characters. Each character had their unique personality and purpose; it never felt like there was a filler character. Every single personage truly brought something to the plot. I especially loved the main character; he had many levels, and getting to know him and his morals was very interesting. The main character was also very realistic because he always acted his age, which helped me (as a reader) get involved with the story.

I tried thinking of things that I disliked about this book, but I could not come up with anything about the story. The only thing that I could mention would be that I found it a bit slow at times, especially in the beginning. However, I feel like this is normal in fiction books because readers are just beginning to understand the world. I know that it usually takes me a bit to immerse myself in a new fictional world, which is why I don't think this detracts any points from the book.

I can confidently say that I enjoyed reading this fiction book. As I mentioned before, the characters and the world were incredible, which is why I am happy to award it with a 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading fiction. The book does not contain inappropriate language or any erotic scenes; however, it does narrate a bit of bloodshed, so beware if you are sensitive to that.

The Stolen Heir
View: on Bookshelves
RayRuff
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Body in the Woods
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayruff.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by RayRuff »

This sounds like a marvelous book. I am curious about this author's work and would like to check out one of her books soon. This seems to be a good choice. I like how you mentioned that the characters are your favorite. I think that's important when it comes to a book and you sold me on that. I think this book is part of a series? I will have to double-check, but you sold me on this book.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by topdan30 »

This book will surely be interesting to read. Lovely review
Dee_Robert
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

A well developed character in a sort of action movie is always refreshing to read. I think I'll add thus to the list if books I'll read soon. Great review
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
_khush_p
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khush-p.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by _khush_p »

What a wonderful review! I've read a book by the same author before which I absolutely loved. Reading this review has made me excited to read this book too. Kudos to the author and the reviewer!
“See the good in everything, and the best of it will find you.”
- We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies.
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: The Commander by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Upeksha »

I'm eager to find out who the Erik is, so I will definitely give this book a try, as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the great review!
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Goral »

I wonder how the child disappeared and ended up with loving foster parents..I'm really excited to read this book! Thanks for the review
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
zainherb
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by zainherb »

I think Tayma Tameem is a fantastic fantasy writer. This review proves me right again.
It sound like a great read.

Your review is amazing! Thanks.
:techie-reference:
justhereader
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justhereader.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by justhereader »

The most enjoyable fantasy books, for me, are those with endearing and well-developed characters. This sounds like a book that is right up my alley. Lovely review!
Kulzum
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kulzum.html
Latest Review: The Not So Great American Novel by James E. Doucette

Post by Kulzum »

I am sure fans of fiction would enjoy reading this book. Enticing review.
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

Seems like the author created an enchanting and well-developed world. Your review gave me many reasons to think it would be an interesting read. Great job! :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”