Review by Teele -- Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Teele
2021 Reading Goal: 60
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teele.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Review by Teele -- Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog

Post by Teele »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog" by Michelle Lander Feinberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pets have become an integral part of our lives. They can be amusing, annoying, naughty, compassionate, playful, and loyal. Trained pets can be such a delight to be with. Please Don't Tell Cooper He's a Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg tells the amusing tale of a dog who thinks he is human.

Cooper was a stray dog picked up at a shelter. He was soon integrated into his family. Just a year after his arrival, Cooper already thinks he is human. He feels that doing dog tricks and chasing after balls are beneath him. He partakes in sports and recreational activities with his human family. He wouldn't even eat his food without steak sauce. Would you like to read about other hilarious things done by Cooper? Please pick up your copy of this book to find out.

I was skeptical about picking up this book because I felt that its title is rather lengthy. However, as soon as I turned its pages, I forgot about my first impression. I giggled and smiled all the way to the end of the story. The illustrations which were done by Anna Mosca were bright, colorful, and expressive. They greatly contributed to the entertaining value of the book. My most favorite part of this book is an illustration of Cooper at a ballet, sitting in the midst of his human family with a dead-serious expression —as if he was actually being entertained. The book also employs rhymes in its narrative.

The grammar used in the text is simple and easy to understand. Each page in the book directly supports the overall theme of the story. However, I found it unbelievable that Cooper could travel to different countries and came back all on his own. It would have been more realistic if he had been accompanied by a member of his human family. This is my only dislike about this book.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The dislike mentioned above is not sufficient reason for the deduction of a star because kids might find it amusing that a dog would travel on its own. Michelle Lander has done a great job of writing this book. It was professionally edited. I recommend it to children between the ages of 3 to 7 years.

Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: The Commander by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Upeksha »

This actually sounds like a perfect book for kids. Although I'm not in the target audience, I'd love to check it out. Thanks for the insightful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”