Review by dcruzsammy -- The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dcruzsammy
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcruzsammy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review by dcruzsammy -- The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem

Post by dcruzsammy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Stolen Heir" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Stolen Heir by Tayma Tameem is a story that will introduce us to a world of magic and royals who rules over the kingdoms that makes up Krasoria. The story mainly focused on two of the kingdoms of Krasoria, namely Thumeria and Paleria, led by royals that throughout generations, kept the tradition of marrying their children to each other’s family to keep the peace between them. Now came the latest generation of Thumerian and Palerian royals to wed, which conceived an heir who will turn out to play an important role over the two kingdoms.

Along with the arrival of the new heir comes a prophecy, which will finally put an end to the cycle of kings who will fail to lead the people outside their royal palace to better lives. But this prophecy will not be fulfilled at no cost. This proved to be a difficult decision, as it involved stripping the heir not only from his royal roots, but to his family as well. Alas, the heir was stolen, which is only the start of many unfortunate happenings in the story.

Now, the stolen heir is set to go on his new journey as he tries to survive with his now poor living conditions, all while he discovers unusual things happening as he grows up.

What I liked about this book is the new world that was created, which really impressed and left me in awe with how Tameem created such setting, details and life to the characters. It was also written in a way that we go through the point of view of different characters, which allows us to know the very intention of every action each character does. The villain was revealed earlier on, but it did not take away the suspense as there are still lots to be discovered as the story progresses.

I cannot point out any specific thing that I disliked with the story, as it matches my preference when it comes to writing style and genre. But if I really must mention one, I would probably pick the abrupt ending which left me hanging and anticipating for the next book. Although that is not a totally negative thing, as it means the story is so good that I am left craving for more.

Overall, I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars, as in my personal observation, the book was not only professionally edited, but the story itself was very well structured with interesting characters that spices up the story. This book is perfect for people who have interests towards fantasy, specifically on royals and magic. A little warning though for those who may be sensitive with themes of war and violence, as those will be featured in the story as well.

The Stolen Heir
View: on Bookshelves
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I have great respect for writers who are able to design entire civilizations. Thanks for the wonderful review.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

A fantasy novel that keeps reader glued to the story till the end. Thank you for the informative review!
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

Nice review! Seems like quite the read as I love fantasy books. Will definitely be checking this out!
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”