Review by Eddy E -- The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eddy E
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddy-e.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

Review by Eddy E -- The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

Post by Eddy E »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Great Awakening" by Arthur F Seymour.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A dozen years have passed after the Great War between Earth and the mysterious Creature. In this Sequel to The Earth Won by Arthur Seymour, The Great Awakening continues with Seymour and his wife, Ruby, who now have children. Their children, alongside their courageous team of scientists, robots, and animals, stand together again to fight against the operations of the evil organization called The Herrenvolk Group. They believe that they are the master race and have developed a genocidal virus called ComaVirus, which has put the whole world in a state of comatose. What then will be the fate of the whole world if everyone is asleep?

Author Seymour does well to start the book on such a warm and soft note, making sure to give us a feel of the relaxing scenery. We are then introduced to the two main characters. Their love for each other is genuine and felt by the reader. He mentioned at the beginning of the book that he was inspired by the memories of his late wife, Maryann, who is beautifully depicted by the character Ruby in the book, while himself is depicted by Seymour. As the book spans out, we see this love story unfold and extend to their children and those around them.

Another aspect that makes the book very relatable is that the characters also face a current world situation: a deadly virus. The only difference is that the virus induces people into a comatose state. The author has done well to include QR codes to enable readers to listen to the poems and songs used to encourage the characters in the book. He has helped to create the right imagery by including pictures at the beginning of each chapter, which gives the reader an idea of the things talked about in the book. One thing that I believe every good writer must have is a sense of humor. I must say that I had my fair share of laughter while reading this book.

My favorite aspect of The Great Awakening is the profound theme of love for humanity, which propelled the characters to fight, save their world, and protect those who were pawns used to spearhead the attack. You will see the older characters in the book instill these values in the younger ones. It is as Martin, rightly, said, "Evil is not something you can put into a box and take into a room. What the Creature did is he took the love from the hearts of his soldiers and that made them appear to be evil. Our only weapon is to put that love back.”

I can’t say there was anything I dislike about the book, but one aspect I felt I was totally unsure of was the religious stance of the book. I couldn’t understand the religion of the characters. They believe in the Spirit of the Earth, in reincarnation, and can communicate with animals. The Great Awakening is well edited. I didn’t come across any errors, and it was easy to read through and understand. Therefore, it deserves the maximum rating of 4 out of 4. I would recommend The Great Awakening to children and readers who enjoy adventure, fantasy, and Sci-Fi.

The Great Awakening
View: on Bookshelves
Yvonne Monique
2021 Reading Goal: 35
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: The crew of the HST DARČEK by Robert Marsolais

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I would have to start by reading the first installment first, but this sounds like a book I would thoroughly enjoy!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”