Review by Jennifer Aldo -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Jennifer Aldo -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary of...

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Inca is a Siberian detective cat and head of detective agency, Inca and company. Made up of her siblings: Fromage, Cara, their hamster Charlotte, then Polo, Terrance, and Monk, the team is famous for their mystery-solving and fantastic detective work. Terrance and Monk are the dog and cat of famous detective Solo.

Inca's mum had just traveled with Inca, Fromage, and Cara for a vacation in Sri Lanka when Inca hears of the robbery of a very precious sword at the museum. Detective Solo is called to solve it, but Inca decides it's her case as well. How does Inca solve this one? Who are the new friends she makes along the way?

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is a very entertaining book especially for children between the ages of eight to eleven. It appeals to one's curiosity; a natural element children never seem to lack and channels it towards problem-solving while encouraging critical thinking. I love that the book showed appreciation for nature and teaches children kindness and love for pets and animals.

The story was laced with light humor, especially in Inca's remarks about her brother Fromage. I loved that the most about the book. Also, from the way Inca dashed into the scary forest while risking her life to search for Fromage, and how the whole family, in turn, came to search for her, it was evident that Inca loved her siblings and the whole family loved each other very much. Depicting this in stories like this, helps kids especially siblings (with all the bickering) help, care, and bond with one another.

There was nothing I disliked about the story. I think it was well written for the recommended audience. I'd recommend it for children between ages of eight to eleven or younger if it's being read to them. I did find a lot of new words or words they'd consider new, which in fact is a good thing as it helps to expand their vocabulary. The book seemed professionally edited and so for all these reasons, I'd rate it a four out of four stars. I really enjoyed reading the book and think children would too.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mbrooks2518
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 330
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: Whale of Wonder by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

I really enjoyed this book too. Great review!
Chizioboli
2021 Reading Goal: 58
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes

Post by Chizioboli »

Really great children books for kids who are fascinated with mystery books.
sharon titus
2021 Reading Goal: 101
Currently Reading: Her Eyes Underwater
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-titus.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by sharon titus »

I am eighteen but still want to read this book. Great review.
Mtibza eM
2021 Reading Goal: 66
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The LadyKillers War
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Mtibza eM »

Thank you for such a beautiful review, I enjoyed reading it. However, i don't think I will be reading this book as it does not interest me much.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”