Review by Skata -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Skata
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skata.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Skata -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey ...

Post by Skata »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The prodigy slave, Book one: Journey to Winter Garden is a fictional master piece from the pen of Londyn Skye that paints vivid images of Lily, a girl born into slavery in the year 1845 to a slave mother and her white master. As a child she finds herself torn away violently from her slave mother to be sold to a cruel master, by her own father. She finds a friend and soul-mate in James, the son of her new master. James finds a true friend in Lily and spends many secret hours with Lily, much to the chagrin of his father who is set on ending this relationship and showing his son that slaves are not equal to the white man and never will be. It seems that every man Lily ever loved betrayed her. Will it be the same with James? Will she ever be freed from this endless cycle of slavery?

I found it hard to put this book down. It kept me coming back for more. Londyn Skye finds all the right words to make the characters come to life in many ways. She can effortlessly transport you to moments of passion, happiness, torment and heartache with just a few words. Eroticism is portrayed with tact and taste in such a way that I did not find it vulgar. The imagination is given just enough to be stimulated to form its own imagery.

As for the negatives I experienced whilst reading this book: Shock was my first reaction to the profound and honest way slavery is depicted in this book. Racial slurs are used in such a way to make the reader sit up and notice. It did however bring the darkness of slavery into sharp focus. I also found it disappointing to turn the last page, only to realize that this is just part one of Lily’s story.

With all this in mind, I will give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars as I found it well written, easy to read and engaging. It is a love story with believable characters, both endearing, and villainous. It is impossible to stay impartial to the protagonist, Lily, and her journey in life and love.

Lastly, I do believe this book will appeal to readers who appreciate a good romance with a touch of erotica. Please note that this book contains racial slurs, violence against women and children and can therefore be shocking to sensitive readers.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”