Review by Wambiz -- Always Before Me by John Servant

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wambiz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambiz.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Review by Wambiz -- Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by Wambiz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Before Me" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Always Before Me by John Servant, a teacher, Matthew Ryan, was falsely accused of sexual violations of one of his students but without more evidence, he was acquitted but his reputation made him be reduced to a prison chaplain. Father Paul on the other hand had been shown retaliation for not cooperating while he was following his principles. he spent the days in prison holding on to the principles and continued carrying out God's work as he could. Pastor Richard begins by correcting the nephew to Father Anthony on who his uncle was and how he lived by narrating to him the events of his life. The nephew had been called to receive all inheritance that was left to him to which he had no idea about.
John Servant gives an inspirational story on how differently we are to handle failures even when we feel all hope is lost. That we could all always hold on to our principles hoping for a silver lining at the end.
The conflict between the government and the church has been going on for years and this has been demonstrated by how Father Paul was punished by following the ways of the church while the prosecutor was bitter because he held no faith in the church and religion. Always before me by John Servant raises the questions on how long you can hold on to your religion.
What I liked about this book being a Christian is about how the author brought out how hard it is for not only Priests and church leaders to hold on to their religion in difficult times but also all other Christians as well. I did not find any displeasing factor in this book as I found it very inspirational.
This book has been gracefully edited as I have not encountered any grammatical errors as I perused through it. Due to the writer's exceptional understanding of the topic, I, therefore, rate this book 4 out 4 stars.
I would greatly recommend this book to Christian believers and especially those that follow the Catholic faith to get inspiration here. I would not recommend the book to non-believers as it would not sit right with them with many the many aspects of religion clearly demonstrated by John Servant.

Always Before Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”