Review by Jeff Kanda -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeff Kanda
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Review by Jeff Kanda -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

Post by Jeff Kanda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Arrow That Flies By Day" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Arrow That Flies By The Day by John Servant is a novel that describes the life of John Thaddeus. John was a marine who after being injured in war when he was in Afghanistan, decides to play for the NFL in New Jersey Raptor's practice field as a kicker. He arrived at the practice field by walking from a very far place. This was the first notable sign that John was a very determined person.

The first person John meets is Eugene Eckley, the assistant coach. At first, Eugene was not willing to take John as a kicker for the team but after knowing that he had walked from a far place to reach New Jersey and be a player for the team, he thinks John should give it a try. With time, John prooves that he is worth playing for the team because he has strong legs and can kick accurately. His exemplary skills lead to the team winning in some matches. Gradually, some players and the coaches start loving John. Sister Francis, a nun, is the closest person to John since he has no immediate family.

Narrated from the third person's point of view, the book is both interesting and inspiring. I liked the vivid description of events by the author. The inclusion of biblical verses in the book is worth mentioning. I loved the biblical verses because they were really inspiring. There were a few motivational quotes that I also liked in this great novel.

The book is short, it has only five chapters. However, the overall message in the few pages are very touching to the reader. I believe that after reading the book, a reader will greatly benefit because of the many teachings the book has. I was disappointed when the protagonist in the novel (John) died because I was not expecting his death at all. Perhaps if the story could end when John was a successful kicker after playing in several matches, the story could be better.

I did not find any typographical error in the book book and therefore, I believe the book was professionally edited. The novel lacks vulgar words and erotic scenes. Because of this, adults as well as children can read the book. I recommend it to anyone who want to get inspired and view life in a better perspective. I give the book a rate of four out of four stars, it is worth that rate!

The Arrow That Flies By Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”