Review by slowpoke123 -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
slowpoke123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slowpoke123.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Review by slowpoke123 -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

Post by slowpoke123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Arrow That Flies By Day" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant is a Christian fiction about a man named John Thaddeus. John was a Marine who had just came back from his last mission in Afghanistan where he saw and experience the horror of the battlefield. With his parents both dead, his old principal during high school, Sister Francis, had taken the responsibility as his new guardian. She is a nun who not only serves the church but also chose to dedicate her life to Christ and to saving young fellows who may get lost in their life.

During the first day of training camp for the selection of the New Jersey’s Raptors, John had casually wandered in the practice field. He approached the head coach and there he told the guy his interest in applying as a kicker for the team. Despite admitting he was not able to go to college to play football, John was given a chance to show what he can do and it did not disappoint the coaches. John was accepted but the journey is not easy and often times he will find himself with many obstacles, some of which in the form of self-doubt and certain individuals who often criticize his background and past. How will John be able to overcome the struggles as he reaches for his dream as an NFL player? This amazing and inspiring book will make us realize that nothing is impossible for a person with a will to keep going.

This book had a lot of things that I liked. The plot is very interesting and John’s character is simply amazing. Although I was never a football fan, the story just seems alright and great with the sport in it. I actually find it very relatable in terms of the struggles of John starting especially on the part of losing a family member that eventually affects your plan for the future. I admire his thinking and personality on not letting other people’s opinions define yourself. The story went into depth on how faith and prayers can help strengthen ourselves when facing a problem, and I think the author did great in emphasizing these.

There is really nothing I can find to dislike about this book apart from wishing the story to be longer. The words and beliefs of Christianity were conveyed and portrayed very well by the characters. Even the antagonists, Harvey, caught my attention as he seems to represent the people in real life who has nothing to believe in, which I personally have experience meeting a few before. His thoughts on how to live in this world seem to be the same as those people who do not look back to reflect on their past and only think of the present.

My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars. I can’t make myself rate it a three mainly because I find the ending as very fitting and satisfying. The book is also professionally edited, as I couldn't find any errors. I would highly recommend every one of any age to read this book. It is Christian fiction, so be sure to keep that in mind before reading it. Readers who like in-depth about faith, prayer, and God, this book is the right one for you. It was a pleasure to read this book and I very much enjoyed it until the last page.

The Arrow That Flies By Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”