Review by JB3 -- Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JB3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jb3.html
Latest Review: Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Review by JB3 -- Shadow Game by A.M. Adair

Post by JB3 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Shadow Game" by A.M. Adair.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Shadow Game by A. M. Adair is an action-packed thriller novel that follows secret agent Elle Anderson and her team; Jack, Eve, and Tex as they navigate the dangerous world of the Middle East. Sent to Iraq to assassinate several targets, Elle must carry out her missions with help from her team, but danger lurks around every corner, and not every threat lies outside of their base of operations.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars the author does an excellent job of creating the characters and of creating conflict organically. These conflicts take many forms, not just good guys versus bad guys, but also conflicts between characters who are supposed to be on the same side. The book is well written and flows nicely as the story unfolds; there is a great deal of action that keeps the story.

The part that I liked the most about the book was how action-packed it was. There was never a dull moment in the book, and the fight scenes were very well written. Constant action scenes kept me on the edge of my seat. The action scenes mostly seemed to be very well written. The action parts of the book were well interspaced with the intelligence side of the missions they were on.

The part of the book I liked least was the lack of character development for the characters in the story, very little is explained about any of the characters’ backgrounds. This made them seem one dimensional and not as interesting as they could have otherwise been. I think that the book could have been greatly improved if some more information about who the characters were and what their motivations were for being on the team.

I would recommend this book to fans of the thriller or action genre. The book appeared to have been professionally edited, and I only noticed one possible grammatical issue. There is a great deal of swearing in the book and a great deal of violence as well. There are some sexually explicit scenes in the book as well. The violence can get pretty bloody as well and some adult topics get addressed from sexual assault, to torture, to murder. I would not recommend this book to younger children or teenagers for this reason. I would like to read the sequel that the author sets up at the end of the book.

Shadow Game
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”