Review by Michelle Fred -- We are Voulhire: The Knights ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michelle Fred
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-fred.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Review by Michelle Fred -- We are Voulhire: The Knights ...

Post by Michelle Fred »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It has been a few months since the attack on Magnum Caelum and Demetrius, Galen, and Rowan are picking up the pieces in Chalethire. Rowan's sword-fighting pastime attracts a Chalethirian paladin's attention, and he attempts to persuade him and his friends to join the Knights of Chalethire.

While on a hike with Demetrius and Galen, Rowan broached the subject and got a lukewarm reception. However, Demetrius's interest is piqued when he learns that it might be his only chance to free his hometown from the shackles of the demons that have seized it.

We Are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire is the fourth book in We Are Voulhire series by Matthew Tysz. Each instalment in the series builds upon the previous one; for clarity, it is best to read the books chronologically.

The book is narrated in the first and third person. However, the speaker or character in question is delineated at the beginning of each chapter. Also, there is a country map at the start and a reference guide at the end of the book.

There are many things I love about this book, but chief among them are the characters. As always, they are my favourite aspect of the book. No matter how short-lived they are, their backstories are often substantial, their presence remarkable, their absence missed.

Unlike previous instalments, this one features a prominent female character, and I adore her personality. Her looks got scant attention, which allowed her brilliance, competency, and grit to take centre stage. Realistically, her position as the commander of one of the most powerful knights in Voulhire doesn't shield her from sexism.

Mathew is a master of suspense and an expert world builder. This edition introduces the reader to other towns in Voulhire, and yet again, he wows with his descriptive prowess. His words are like pictures. Edition after edition, my yearning for the next book waxes stronger. I love how he builds interest and delicately eases the reader into the next book.

Conclusively, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. There is absolutely nothing I didn't like about it. The plot, the realistic characters, the scenery, and the magic; I relished every bit. I spotted just one error throughout my reading. Clearly, the editing is professional.

If you fancy mythical worlds of magic, intrigues, and fantasy, you would love this book. I wouldn't recommend the book to children because of the violence and profanity it contains.

We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Evolution's Magnum Opus by Stephen M. Roth

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

This series of book is such an interesting and adventurous read. Tysz never disappoints. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”