Review by Dman_1996 -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review by Dman_1996 -- The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Damian Keyes »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mindset" by Ace Bowers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ace Bowers wrote this autobiographical book, The Mindset, about how determination and motivation helped him to overcome all the obstacles in his life. Growing up in a dysfunctional household where his parents would argue constantly due to his mother's neurotic behavior and being physically abusive to his father, his father's drinking problem, and having a brother that was always either in jail or prison. Ace takes us on a journey of how he was impacted by his childhood but with the right motivation, he decided to make major changes in his life, most specifically, how he went from being a janitor to being worth millions of dollars within five years.

After being depressed for many years due to his childhood and having no clear path for his future, Ace's aunt Cindi decided to help him by moving him to Oregon for a job. In Oregon is where he met his future wife Yuka and since he got with her, his life changed for the better. Ace decided to write this book once he found out that Yuka was pregnant with their first child, Noah. When he got married to Yuka and they had Noah, it was important that he give his family the life he always wanted as a child.

By 22 years old, Ace was a husband, father, and janitor. Getting paid $6 an hour as a janitor and barely paying the bills, Ace decided to change his life for his family. The author details how he went from a janitor to a security officer to selling insurance and eventually becoming a quality assurance (QA) software tester for TiVo. Ace started worked for large corporations like Google and Yahoo! which aided in him being worth millions of dollars at the age of 28, without a college degree.

This book takes you on a journey where Ace is now an adult and he has tough conversations with his parents. He learned that his parent's side of what was going on in their life made them fight constantly when he was younger. Ace Bowers gets real in-depth with the conversations he has with his parents. There’s real growth in this book and it gives the reader – like me – a look at your parents from a different perspective by hearing about their life.

The Mindset is a well-written book that is free from spelling and grammatical errors. Ace Bowers really did his best with showcasing how anyone can transform their life; only if they are putting in the work. I loved how he talked about how his first child, Noah, was a motivating factor for him to stop smoking and to lose weight. Ace talk about the many people in his life that positively impacted his life in some way, like his aunt Cindi, sister, best friends (Anthony and Abe), and grandmother (Nanny).

This book contains profanity, so I think it’s best for individuals 18 years and older to read this book. There's absolutely no sexual content in this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who is in the same position that Ace was in when he was a janitor. If you need a real-life example of someone who came from nothing and became something, then this is the book for you. But, I do think even if you did not have the rough life that Ace did, you can still learn something from this book.

I had such an amazing time reading this book that I would like to give it a 4 out of 4 rating. The story is cohesive and the transition from how it starts from a sad story to a better one is what I really enjoyed most about this book. Ace did a spectacular job showcasing that with determination, will, and staying persistent, then you can one day become your best self.

The Mindset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Thanks for the lovely review!
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I really enjoyed your review and your summary of this book. Thank you for your interesting review, I would enjoy reading this book!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”