Review by MarianaFigueira -- Business Basics BootCamp

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mariana Figueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Cloud Atlas
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana-figueira.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Review by MarianaFigueira -- Business Basics BootCamp

Post by Mariana Figueira »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Business Basics BootCamp" by Mitche Graf.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

On the surface, it would seem Business Basics Bootcamp: The Ultimate Crash Course represents the epitome of what a typical business book is; brief sections included into more significant chapters containing everything you need to know to become a successful entrepreneur, like the bits about branding, marketing, and pricing. Additionally, it informs you who the book is intended for: overwhelmed businesspeople, wannabes (people who want to start their own company), and individuals who wish to increase their life quality.

After reading it, I no longer think this book is the same as any other in its category. I believe it has something for everyone, and that so many people could use the lessons in it to their advantage, whether they want to be impresarios or not.

I thoroughly enjoyed this novel, and I found it beneficial in more ways than one; I loved that it included exercises, some to prove a point, and others as a means to improve your business or yourself in some area. I wholesomely agree with author Mitche Graf in the importance of putting things on paper, frequently supported by his instructions in the previously-mentioned exercises, where he would often state, "Grab a notepad, a pen, and a cup of coffee."

I fancied the author's innovative approach to being a business person; he described it as the new way to be an entrepreneur, which strives to break paradigms as multitasking and micro-managing. I also appreciate that the author is all about working smart, not hard, and provides you with techniques to put this philosophy into practice.

My favorite thing about it was the type of speech. There is no other way to call it than informal, like a letter from your most trusted friend would be; it practically feels like he wrote, to a T, what he would have said if he were giving a lecture. Moreover, it seems professionally edited but not to perfection since I encountered a couple of editing issues, such as missing words in some sentences and a paragraph that was duplicated.

There is nothing I did not like. I have to wonder about the effectiveness of the techniques the author recommended because sometimes they seemed too good to be true; however, that is out of the topic in this review. The book itself is well-written, decently edited, and most enjoyable due to its friendly language, so I grant it 4 out of 4 stars. Like I stated earlier, it is for entrepreneurs, but it delivers many lessons that I believe would be useful for many people, especially the chapter regarding time management.

Business Basics BootCamp
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"No two persons ever read the same book" Edmund Wilson
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

This seems to be a very helpful book! Thanks for the amazing review!
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Bookishkrish24
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishkrish24.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Bookishkrish24 »

Judging the book cover I thought this is not a book I would read. But your review proved otherwise. Thanks for the eloquent review.
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

It does look like a typical business book, so if I didn't know what it''s about, I'd probably give it a pass. But thanks to your review, I would gladly read it!
Mariana Figueira

Goral wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 01:22 This seems to be a very helpful book! Thanks for the amazing review!
Thank you Goral!
Mariana Figueira

Bookishkrish24 wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 08:39 Judging the book cover I thought this is not a book I would read. But your review proved otherwise. Thanks for the eloquent review.
Thank you for stopping by!
Mariana Figueira

Olgamiell wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 06:17 It does look like a typical business book, so if I didn't know what it''s about, I'd probably give it a pass. But thanks to your review, I would gladly read it!
Thank you for the comment!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”