Review by Moray_001 -- Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Moray_001
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Review by Moray_001 -- Mirrored Worlds by Tayma Tameem

Post by Moray_001 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mirrored Worlds" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mirrored Worlds is a captivating fantasy/sci-fi trilogy written by Tayma Tameem. It is about two worlds which exist on two sides of a mirror. The worlds called Reath and Earth. Reath is a magical realm while Earth is not. The birth of a baby without magic in the world of Reath creates an imbalance that could jeopardise the safety of everyone.

To prevent the impending disaster, a small team is formed to retrieve the baby and restore balance. Lila, a human who wields magic. Battleax, an impressive half-giant and warrior. The third member is Graute, who is known for his stealth and cunning ability. Despite their different personalities, the three will have to work together to accomplish the mission and make it out alive.

There are many things I liked about the novel. One of the things I enjoyed was how the writer made magic seem like a tool used to handle everyday tasks. The characters like Lila used magic for seemingly mundane things. Such as arranging a stack of files to more challenging situations like casting spells in combat.

I commend the author for successfully building a fantasy world and making it very realistic. It was easy to imagine many of the scenes while reading because they were described quite well by the writer. The humorous moments were also a refreshing side of the story, although they weren’t as frequent as I would have liked.

I enjoyed the dialogue between the characters. Despite being on a mission, they had moments where they learned about each other. It strengthened their comradeship. I enjoyed seeing the teamwork between them. However, I am still curious about whether or not something is going on between Lila and Graute.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because there were little to no errors in it. It was professionally edited, which made it very interesting to read. There was nothing in particular that I did not like about it. I certainly look forward to other books in the trilogy.

I would recommend it to readers of the fantasy genre and those who love books about adventure. I do not recommend it to those who do not like books with mythical creatures or magic. If you are looking for a romance book, this is also not for you. Furthermore, there were a few scenes in the book containing battle scenes where there was bloodshed. So, you could avoid those parts if they make you squeamish.

Mirrored Worlds
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”