Review by car-mbz -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
car-mbz
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-car-mbz.html
Latest Review: Honesty is Key by Tayma Tameem

Review by car-mbz -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by car-mbz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

President Nixon declared the war on Cancer in 1971. Despite the many years passing by, and several billion being spent in cancer research, desired results have not been realized. Why does it seem like we have lost the war on cancer? Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski is an educational and inspirational book that provides worthy information for anyone curious about this, and also those interested in integrative medicine.

The author is the daughter of the French molecular biologist, Mirko Beljanski, PhD. Mirko joined the famous Pasteur Institute in Paris and started to rethink the origin of cancer. He was called upon by the French president, Mitterrand, to treat his prostate cancer. Driven by his passion to help people fight against cancer, he discovered two miraculous plants: Pao Pereira and Rauwolfia vomitoria. This allowed the president to reach his second term in office. Upon his death, Mirko was persecuted and arrested triggering Sylvie's emotional reaction and devoir to execute her mission of exonerating him. Sylvie pays tribute to her dad in an amazing way by choosing to continue his research program and vindicate him.

The book includes the journey that Sylvie undertook in upholding her father's legacy. She is ready to change her entire life and risk her marriage only to clear her father's name and keep his products available on the market. The author tells of how Mirko Beljanski successfully worked to find a cure for cancer. He developed products that can destroy cancerous cells without affecting healthy body cells. The products work in synergy with conventional cancer treatments like chemotherapy.

What I liked most is that the author doesn't dispel the value of conventional treatment but pleads for a holistic approach to medicine both orthodox and alternative. Using ideas that are thoroughly researched and backed by evidence and published articles, she sheds a light on the greed of elected leaders and pharmaceutical companies. The FDA and pharmaceutical companies do not want to invest in researching natural remedies for cancer. This is because you cannot patent anything that comes from nature but synthetic medicine is patentable guaranteeing them market exclusivity. There is nothing I didn't like about this book. While reading, I didn't come across any grammatical errors; hence I conclude that the book was well edited. The above reasons are why I rate the book as 4 out of 4 stars.

I am a believer in natural remedies. The strength with which she overcame the minacious onslaught of prejudiced media and unethical pharmaceutical companies is encouraging. The story is thought-provoking, captivating, and easy to understand. Those not conversant with medical terminologies could understand since all medical terms were elaborated. She also backed up her work up with supporting citations and footnotes, studies by some top universities and research organizations. She included the testimonies of patients who had experienced the benefits of Beljanski products. This brought in more credibility. She encourages people to ask questions, know all their
options, and don't just accept the first word as fact.

I recommend this book to everyone interested in learning about alternative medicine to fight cancer, and those interested in overall better health. I wouldn't recommend the book to adamant believers of western medicine only, they may not enjoy reading this book.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader." Margaret Fuller

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”