Review by quirky_scorpio -- Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
quirky_scorpio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quirky-scorpio.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Review by quirky_scorpio -- Nightlord: Sunset

Post by quirky_scorpio »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Night Lord: Sunset by Garon Whited is a fantasy novel. The book starts off as a story about Vampires but soon that escalates into a whole new realm of paranormal beings. This is actually the first book in the Nightlord series. The story is about the protagonist, Eric’s journey from a Physics professor to a Vampire and to something grander than that. It was hard to write a review without mentioning the majestic parts as they would spoil the story. But I have to say that I loved the fact that the sidekick is a magical horse named Bronze whose deeds are both astonishing and admirable.

The story begins with Eric waking up from a hangover in a literal mansion with a gorgeous woman as his host, but the hangover keeps getting worse, after leaving that place he returns to his daily life but he just can’t settle down. Then he visits the lady Sasha again and she addresses him as “My Lord” which makes Eric both creeped out and curious. However Sasha explains how she believes that Eric is a reincarnation of the great lord from ancient times who was also the love of her life. Then she offers to help him with the transition which he accepts and they start leading their life together. But soon a tragedy occurs and Eric decides to create and enter the portal through which their enemies came. Thus begins Eric’s journey through the magical realm where he encounters beings, which he never believed existed and makes friends and foes alike in the new world. His new world.

Now moving over to what I liked about the book - well this is not a typical vampire story, it has a lot of layers and the storyline is very unusual and gripping. The characters are not just good and bad, there are shades of gray in some, some are just neutral and of course there’s a hero and a villain but all the characters have some sort of flaw which makes them more real. I can’t say that I disliked anything but I just felt the story dragged which made it a bit too long and a lot of events take place very frequently which can prove to be confusing. However I don’t think that’s a flaw, it’s just my opinion.

Considering the technical aspects I did not encounter any error in the writing and the language is simple and proficient. The storyline progresses steadily and a little fast at times. There are lots of characters who are introduced in course of time but they are written very nicely and some are quite charming too.

I rate this book 3 out of 4, I could’ve given it 3.8 to be very precise but this rating isn’t allowed. The only reason I didn’t give 4 because I felt there were some events that could’ve been skipped and prevented the stretching of the book. The reason I wanted to rate this more than 3 is because the plot is very adventurous and it gets very exciting as it moves forward. There is a cliffhanger at the end yet the book feels complete. I am very excited to read the sequels. If you love paranormal or fantasy or magic or adventure then you are going to like this book.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”