Review by Ashley-Osuna -- Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashley-Osuna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-osuna.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Ashley-Osuna -- Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ashley-Osuna »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Soul Seeker" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Crighton is a soul-catcher demon. He has worked as one for most of his life, and he is good at it. He lacks empathy and has tricked humans into doing horrible deeds to guide them into Hell. One day, the Devil gives him a task that will turn his life upside down: catch an angel. He has done this before, but this specific angel will turn out to be more important to him than he could have ever imagined. The angel and the demon will embark themselves on an adventure, fighting to survive, in which they will get to know and accept each other as they are.

Soul Seeker, by Kaylin McFarren, is an action-packed, supernatural story surrounding demons, angels, Heaven, and Hell. It is an intriguing story, full of family secrets and complex characters; a novel about redemption and forgiveness, with a complicated romance that will keep the readers interested.

My favorite thing about this book was that it was fast-paced. The author never spent more time than necessary to describe stuff that was not important to the plot. Because of this, the story was never dull, and it was easy to read.

However, at times it felt like it was too fast-paced. Certain important aspects of the plot happened too fast, and that was a bit confusing at times. For example, the beginning of the romantic relationship happened very fast, and it felt like it made no sense at first. Besides, so much happened in little time, so it was hard to understand what was crucial for the plot-line.

I love reading about romance, which was one of the reasons I picked this book to review. I have to admit that I did not always enjoy the romantic relationship portrayed in this book. It did not seem healthy at times, which made me uncomfortable. I understand that it was part of the characterization, but I still felt like it took away from the story.

I have decided to give this book 2 out of 4 stars. Overall, it was fun and easy to read. The story was always intriguing, and reading about the worlds of angels and demons was quite interesting. Still, certain romance aspects of the book and the fact that it was fast-paced made it less enjoyable. I would recommend this book to mature readers who enjoy fiction and romance, as it contains some profanities and mature topics. Also, there is a scene of an assault that could be triggering or upsetting to some readers.

Soul Seeker
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Noelle770
2021 Reading Goal: 40
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

I don't enjoy unhealthy portrayals of romance so I don't think I'd enjoy this book but excellent review!!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”