Review by Unique Ego -- The Tales of Little Lady M

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Unique Ego
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-ego.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Review by Unique Ego -- The Tales of Little Lady M

Post by Unique Ego »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Tales of Little Lady M" by Diego Di Mauro.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Queen Justynella is the benevolent and kind ruler of the magical land of Oaks Bridge. For all her kindness and charity, she has no family of her own. It is not long, though, before she meets her king, and together they are blessed with Misha, their blonde-haired bundle of joy. After a visit from Queen Anyabel and the King of the Gnomes, Misha grows up to be an adventurous and curious child. Using the gifts these royals gave her at birth, she is continually jumping from one adventure to another, both in real life and in the Land of Dreams.

From Sir Hugo to Grandma and Grandpa Dwarf, the little princess's adventures see her come in contact with many friendly and not-so-friendly creatures. Her adventures also teach her many valuable lessons about friendship, trust, and curiosity, among others. These lessons will prove vital for every child in their formative years.

The Tales of Little Lady M by Diego Di Mauro was a surprisingly interesting book to read. I didn't expect it to be as good when I started reading. This is because the author spent the first chapter giving a backstory of the magical kingdom of Oaks Bridge. I was relieved when I realized the story was more character-focused. For all the pleasantness of Queen Justynella, I liked that this story was more focused on her daughter, Misha—Little Lady M. Of course, this made more sense, given that it is a children's book.

Sir Froggy (later known as Sir Hugo) was my favorite character in this book, after Misha. I like the kindness the queen and Misha displayed when they let him in from the cold outside. It was a good teaching moment to show the importance of being kind to people, including strangers. Also, although not adding much to the story, the illustrations in the book were a welcome intermission as I read.

For me, the best element of this book was the author's writing, especially when it came to the dialogue. The characters' interactions were written as poetry; each line rhymed with the next without losing its meaning. It takes a special kind of talent to pull that off, especially with a book that is over 100 pages in length.

This was a splendid story. It had all the expected elements of an enjoyable children's book: friendship, parties, fantasy, magic, castles, queens, kings, princesses, etc. I didn't see anything that I disliked about this book. I found only three clear-cut grammatical errors, which means that it was professionally edited. Due to the author's writing and the lessons in this excellent book, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to children who can't pass up the opportunity for an adventure.

The Tales of Little Lady M
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
sanjus
2021 Reading Goal: 21
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjus.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by sanjus »

Giving the backstory of the magical kingdom of Oaks Bridge in the first chapter is the nice thing that I found from your review. This practice enables the reader to engage in the story very well. Thanks for your insightful review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- I believe this is my own quote. If someone quoted this before I am glad to know.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”