Review by Namaste23 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and St...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review by Namaste23 -- Natural Relief for Anxiety and St...

Post by Namaste23 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide, by Gustavo Kinrys, M.D., and Alexandra Gold, M.A., is exactly what the title states. The book introduces and describes multiple natural ways of trying to manage anxiety and stress. It starts out by explaining what anxiety and stress are and how they can present in different people. The physical and emotional symptoms are explained in a simple and understandable way. There are five categories of natural remedies included in this book. They are nutrient remedies, herbal remedies, natural remedies, alternative remedies, and foods.

What I liked most about this book is that it is purely informational without any bias toward anyone's treatment plan. Medication, which does not fall under the category of natural remedies, is even mentioned in this book, but not negatively. It’s mentioned as just another route an anxiety sufferer might take. I think it is important for people who struggle with anxiety and stress don’t feel judged in any way so that they are able to make their own decisions about the treatments that are right for them. The natural remedies listed in this book are recommended on their own or in tandem with other treatments. There are warnings included to check for any interaction between different treatments.

There wasn’t really anything I disliked about this book. The book seemed thoroughly researched and provided plenty of options for natural approaches to anxiety and stress. If one treatment isn’t helpful, there are more choices to choose from. The authors clearly have a lot of experience treating anxiety and stress and their knowledge is plentiful throughout the book.

The audience for this book would be those who suffer from anxiety and stress. There are natural remedies in this book that could help someone who is just having a stressful day or someone who suffers from an anxiety disorder. Not everything will work for everyone, so it is great that this book includes so many alternatives. People who have relationships with people that experience anxiety and stress would also benefit from reading this book. There is a lot of pertinent information that would help them understand what their friend or family member is going through.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There were a few minor typos in the book, but not enough to take off a star. This book is a great source of information regarding anxiety and stress and how to manage them. I would recommend this book to anyone who is dealing with anxiety and stress or knows someone who is.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”