Review by Caroline2021 -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caroline2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline2021.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Caroline2021 -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

Post by Caroline2021 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Arrow That Flies By Day" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

John Thaddeus was a former marine man who did not have any family members. Sister Francis, who was a nun, looked after him and she was the only close person he was left with. Although John had experienced all the hardships in his life he did not give up on his dreams of being a member of one of the biggest football teams in his area, and he felt that will give him so much joy. He persuaded his dreams and trusted God to open doors for him, even if he did not professionally qualify to be the team member, John made it to be one the best kickers for the Raptors team.

Not all people were excited about his victory, but John did not return bad with bad to people like Harvey who was of the kickers as well John had found in the team. He reconnected with one of his high school classmates that he fell in love with and the feeling was mutual. John always wanted to help people he lived to help people until his death where he died helping someone who was carjacked. His death left many with sorrow because of his kind heart including Sister Francis, Susan a lady who fell in love with John.

The arrow that flies by day a book by John Servant. This is an interesting book. The book is about a man of faith who had to hold on to the scripture “You shall not fear the terror of the night nor the arrow that flies by day.” Psalm 91:5 NABRE. Regardless of all the trials, John Thaddeus faced he trusted God and believed that even though he was going through the hard times, good times will come. I like the close relationship that John had with Sister Francis it reflects on how important is to have the people who support and guide you in life for one to get through this life.

I like how the author demonstrated the works of faith through John in the book. Doors were opening because John believed and had faith in God. He was also a good servant in helping and praying for other people. The title of the book is very relevant to what the book talks about. The author did a very good job of introducing characters and their personalities in the book. The book introduction to the conclusion was properly laid out, in this regard the book was flawless. The book cover is not that revealing or rather eye-catchy, if there was a picture on the cover book that depicts the story in the book it will be more revealing and nicer.

What I did not like about the book is that it has long paragraphs sometimes this feels like dragging when you read a book. Though the author gives a brief description of the surroundings and areas in the book, I feel like more detailed descriptions would have given a more feel to picture and relate, what do the places look like. The first pages of the book included a lot of third person writing which made it a little bit difficult to read. What I liked about the book is that the font of the book is easy to read and the book is engaging with the reader, while reading the book you feel like you the part of the story. I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars, the book was exceptionally well edited. I did not find any spelling or grammar errors. I will highly recommend the book to people who believe in Christ.

The Arrow That Flies By Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AtienoMagero
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atienomagero.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by AtienoMagero »

I really like your review. This book has a very interesting plot that I'm sure many readers will love. Fantastic review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”