Review by AtienoMagero -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AtienoMagero
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atienomagero.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by AtienoMagero -- The Arrow That Flies By Day

Post by AtienoMagero »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Arrow That Flies By Day" by John Servant.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Arrow That Flies By Day is a Christian fiction book by John Servant. The story is about a man called John Thaddeus, who is a Marine veteran with hopes of becoming an NFL kicker. John Thaddeus decides to go and try out for the kicker position for the New Jersey Raptors. Initially, both the head and assistant coach are hesitant to give John a chance. However, they are amazed at his talent and skill when they decide to let him try out. We get to see John Thaddeus faced with several obstacles and hindrances in this book. Even when things get tough, he perseveres through his faith, hard work, and determination.

The Arrow That Flies By Day is truly an amazing book to read. There are so many important lessons Christians can learn from reading John Thaddeus’ story. I was profoundly motivated by lots of things in this book. For instance, it was inspiring to read how John Thaddeus overcame the injury in his right leg. By the grace of God, along with the help he received from both his father and Sister Francis, John was able to overcome his injury and play football.

Another thing I liked about this book was the fact that it felt realistic. Without giving too much of the plot away, I was not expecting the book to end the way it did in regards to what happened to John. I was deeply invested in John’s character development and what happened to him. However, I realized that it was supposed to be a lesson. The events that occurred were meant to serve a higher purpose. It is nice that the author created a character that many readers can relate with.

I loved reading The Arrow That Flies By Day. There was so much helpful information and motivation that I got from this story. The story is also wonderfully written and edited, as well. Throughout my reading process, I did not encounter any errors whatsoever while reading. I did not have any issues or dislikes to mention about the story as well. I will therefore be giving this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

Since this book is Christian based, there was no use of profane language. I feel like this book would be perfect for Christian readers because they can find strength and motivation through reading the story. Non-religious readers may have a hard time connecting with elements of the story.

The Arrow That Flies By Day
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Fozia RYK »

I don't belong to the Christian religion so it will be better for the Christian faith.
Saint Bruno
2021 Reading Goal: 150
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: Alice's Ego by Alice Sanza
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

I love the storyline of the book. But I usually like the carefree nature of books that don't conform to any religion. Thanks a lot for the detailed review and recommendation.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Sunshine at the Academy
Bookshelf Size: 370
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by kandscreeley »

I love inspirational stories such as this. It sounds entertaining yet teaches something as well. How perfect. Thanks.
Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable.
-Louisa May Alcott
Tarilan
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarilan.html
Latest Review: First Love by Momi Robins

Post by Tarilan »

I do enjoy a motivational book. I hope that people will learn from John's faith, hard work, and perseverance. Thanks for the honest review.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: The Truth in Hope by R.A. Simpson

Post by Prisallen »

This book sounds very inspiring. You have to admire someone who is able to overcome his hardships and peresevere. Thanks for your interesting and informative review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”