Review by Wekesa Namuyonga -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wekesa Namuyonga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wekesa-namuyonga.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Wekesa Namuyonga -- We are Voulhire: A New Arr...

Post by Wekesa Namuyonga »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are voulhire: A new arrival under great skies by Matthew Tysz is the first book in the We are Voulhire series. In this 166 pages long novel, Poverty, war, survival, and politics are illustrated throughout. The book is full of suspense and tension. It is based in a kingdom of people with skillful works and others with superpowers, the Voulhire kingdom, ruled by King Wilhelm. Purchase a copy of the book and find out more about this kingdom.

The book introduces us to Galen Bray, a young man in a very tough life, he is from the land of princes, the land is in war with her neighboring island. He travels to Magnum Caelum, a small city in Voulhire where his dead uncle has made him the sole heir of his business. He also has the responsibility to continue his uncles legacy as a blacksmith. We find Lord Eldus Alderman who was a judge but now the new ruler of Hillport, he first has to help the people recover from the trauma caused by the cruelty and perversions of the former ruler, who intern attempts to execute his entire family. Meldorath is a man possessed by magic power that he uses for evil, he is feared by all and he also uses The Riva Rohavi, a terrorist group, to destroy the Voulhire kingdom.

I appreciate how the author introduced the nature of his characters, the characters fit well with the title and they were presented as the central elements of the story.The plot and the storyline are amazing. Tysz has bring forth a world full of magic and betrayal. The book is easy to read because of the simple language used. I loved its introduction part, it is straightforward, capturing readers mind, I must admit that I was hooked right from the start, as for the ending, I honestly think it was flat but with everything, I enjoyed reading the book and I am looking forward to reading the next volume.

I did not encounter any grammatical or spelling errors while reading thus consider the book professionally edited. There is nothing I disliked in the book. I hereby rate We are voulhire: A new arrival under great skies a 4 out of 4 stars.

Science fiction lovers will enjoy this one. I would recommend We are voulhire: A new arrival under great skies to more mature readers but not to children because lots of profane words were used, there are also detailed killings and presents of sexual scenes.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

I enjoyed reading this book as well. Matthew Tysz has quite the imagination. Good for you, the series has a couple of entries - and they keep getting better. Thanks for your concise review.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

I'm also quite hooked to this series. The first book serves as the foundation for Galen's incoming journeys, so there will be much to expect in its sequels.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

I also recently read this book and i was hooked. I like how you have summarised the book. Good review.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

I also read this book and i was glued here. I agree that is a honest rating.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

I have recently reviewed this book and loved it. The book was very creative and interesting. And I agree with your points as well. I wish to read more of this series. Thanks for the review, it sure has helped a lot to judge this book.
Ace John
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ace-john.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ace John »

I'm selecting this book based on your review. It seems a wonderful fit and it suits my taste. You have a well-written review.
Jesus is Lord.
(Romans 10:9)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”