Review by RavingReads -- Wilderness Cry

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Review by RavingReads -- Wilderness Cry

Post by RavingReads »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D..]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D discusses the idea of religion. It comes from the author, who grew up in a big family located in a small catholic community. The author discusses the idea of religion, and how what is known today came to be.
This novel deals with a lot of big, hard-hitting questions. I enjoyed this novel, as it really made me think and recognize what I had previously learned to be true. This book was a quick read and a page turner with new ideas every chapter to keep the reader hooked.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. While this book really did make me think, there were also several typos included. Hunt clearly conveys the point of the novel in every chapter using research and personal stories.

My favorite part of this book was that it was applicable to a large audience. Hunt did grow up Catholic, and includes stories relating to this, but the research and questions presented include a variety of religions. This book can be read by people who have a large religious background who wish to know more, or people who do not have a large religious background and are looking to begin their learning.

My least favorite part of this book was the details. Multiple times I found there were a vast amount of details included in some chapters. For some chapters this was helpful, however, there were some chapters that seemed to drag on. For example, parentheses were almost overused in this book. The information included in the parenthesis is helpful, but I felt as though there were ways to include this information into the paragraph itself.

Overall, this is a great read that really makes you think. I would recommend this to those who are questioning what they have been told to believe. The research done by Hunt is clearly presented and works well with the argument. However, this book does deal with questioning major religions, and constantly goes against several religious beliefs, so for that I would caution this read. There was one chapter based on marriage, which briefly included talk of sex. There were no swear words presented. However, there were multiple errors and typos that I had found. Due to these reasons, I would recommend this read to those aged sixteen and up.

Wilderness Cry
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”