Review by Tonze -- Happiness is All We Want!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Review by Tonze -- Happiness is All We Want!

Post by Tonze »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happiness is All We Want!" by Ashutosh Mishra.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review: Happiness Is All We Want! By Ashutosh Mishra

We are in search of happiness all the time. Whatever we do throughout our lives, is linked to this pursuit of happiness. Whether in search of your dream house, car, a career position, or business; believe it or not you are in search of happiness in one way or another. Have you ever asked yourself why after achieving that dream house, you are still being unhappy? After buying that dream car, you realize it is not enough! This time you want to own a private jet. Why?! What is Happiness for you? What do you do to be happy? Are you happy with what you have? Or you don’t know how to be happy with your achievements?! Ashutosh Mishra has left no stone unturned in his book; Happiness Is All We Want!

The author attempts to emphasize what matters most in this journey called life. As long as we keep these in a balanced and natural working condition, we can be confident of completing the journey with a smile of satisfaction. If we are in great shape, physically, mentally and spiritually, we can enjoy the process of life and all our achievements. But most of us focus on the daily routine and the perceived objectives of our life, we neglect what matters the most that are our Body, Mind and Soul. In today’s technological and digital era, the way of life that has evolved over a relatively short period, spanning around a hundred years has taken away the simple and natural way of living. The modern world has sometimes made us lazy, careless, and selfless. We do not think twice before taking the elevator for a few floors and prefer calling a colleague sitting twenty meters away, rather than walking over. Exposure to the sun is considered unthinkable, unless, of course, one is on a beach vacation. Looking out the window, while on a bus is a thing of the past, as the eyes are glued onto the tablet screen; ears stuffed with head-phones. These advances like automobiles, mobiles, internet, air-travel, computers amidst others were meant to help us lead a comfortable life. In hindsight, they have increased the levels of stress, impatience and anxiety. What can we do to survive this modern technology’s negative effects?

This book was written in a well-structured format that is easily understandable. It has sixteen chapters split into three parts that are focusing on the three pillars of our existence; that is mental wellbeing focused on the mind, physical wellbeing on the body and spiritual wellbeing on the soul. At the end of each part, the author gives a summary, practical tip even a smart wellbeing story that I found very helpful. Along with the story he shared twenty-one smart wellbeing capsules, and the last chapter was the overall summary of the whole book.

I liked those smart wellbeing capsules (SWCs) prescribed by the author precisely; SWC number three, nine, and eleven. But what got me the most was capsule number three where he suggests making a wish list of things we want to achieve; this should include the kind of health and body you would like, relationships you desire, career and profession you would want to be in, wealth and material comforts you want to enjoy and so on. Meditate with the focus upon those wishes for at least twenty minutes every day. I was excited about this; I even started practicing before finishing the book. There were many things to like, and some of them stayed marked in my mind, he says that “What is happening to people around us, can happen to us one day if we are walking the same path, we need a healthy and fit body to enjoy what we achieve now and later in life” and to Remind ourselves of enjoying what we achieve while working on achieving more, Stop waiting for the perfect day to enjoy or celebrate the small as well big things in life.

Overall, the book was educative and motivational, I learned that- life begins with me and ends with me, no one else is responsible for what I do with it. -The universe is nothing but pure energy. -The more energy you can gather, the more fulfilling your life can be. - Material success is supposed to push people for bigger success and failure is supposed to push you for bigger efforts. -The more time you spend with yourself, the more success you achieve and then you get to devote even more time to these practices. -If I don’t take care of my business, someone else will if I don’t take care of myself, no one else will! Besides that, I disliked some terms used in parts of spiritually and mental wellbeing; the authors described them deeply; there were some complicated words and the term “One” was woefully overused all this bored me. For this reason, I rate Happiness Is All We Want! 3 out of 4 stars. The book was well organized and professionally edited; I didn’t encounter any grammatical error or any profanity. I can’t find anyone to caution against reading this book, as everyone deserves to be happy. But if you are a fan of self-help novels and want to adjust your lifestyle, this is a must-read.

Happiness Is All We Want!

Happiness is All We Want!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Evolution's Magnum Opus by Stephen M. Roth

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

The tittle of this book is just what the world needs. It's interesting how this book has a lot to learn. I love inspiring and motivational books. Thanks for a well-detailed review.
Sararob06
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sararob06.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Sararob06 »

Happiness can be hard to find but it sounds like this book is a good place to start. I can see how the redundancy you encountered could get burdensome but hopefully you found it useful.
Tonze

Post by Tonze »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 15:01 The tittle of this book is just what the world needs. It's interesting how this book has a lot to learn. I love inspiring and motivational books. Thanks for a well-detailed review.
Thanks for stopping by!
Tonze

Post by Tonze »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 15 Dec 2020, 15:01 The tittle of this book is just what the world needs. It's interesting how this book has a lot to learn. I love inspiring and motivational books. Thanks for a well-detailed review.
Thanks for your comment @Chigo Nwagboso
PeterRabitt20
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

This book is so relevant to today's world. I liked the quote, "If I don’t take care of my business, someone else will if I don’t take care of myself, no one else will!" Your review was detailed and well-written. I enjoyed it.
Tonze

Post by Tonze »

PeterRabitt20 wrote: 22 Dec 2020, 11:33 This book is so relevant to today's world. I liked the quote, "If I don’t take care of my business, someone else will if I don’t take care of myself, no one else will!" Your review was detailed and well-written. I enjoyed it.
The book is very helpful if you are a fan of self-help book you can take a look on this one I bet you will enjoy it.
Thanks for the comment. @PeterRabitt20

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”