Review by RavingReads -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review by RavingReads -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by RavingReads »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthw Tysz is a fantasy novel about Galen, who is traveling to a new territory in Voulhire to take over his late uncle’s business. The empire Voulhire is ruled by a king with a fear of his four sons taking over the throne. To prevent this, the king gave each of his sons an island in hopes that this would quench their hunger for power. Because of this, a ravaging civil war breaks out. This book follows several characters, including Galen, who embark on journeys that will have them questioning their own ideals, feelings, and everything they thought they knew.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. Tysz does an incredible job of world building, making you feel like you're actually a part of the story. The plot was well thought out and I found myself being surprised several times. This book constantly makes you rethink everything you believed from what you’ve already read. I enjoyed the twists and turns that made me think more about the characters.

The element I liked the most about this book was the details. Tysz creates these scenes where there is just the right amount of detail to make you feel as though you are watching the scene play out. This book did a wonderful job of creating a storyline that had me on the edge of my seat. The characters are well thought out, and the reader can really understand why they perform the actions they do and how they feel.

My least favorite element of this book was that there are some slow parts. Only a few times did I find myself dragging through the chapters. This book does have a slow start, but it is needed to create the background of the story and the characters. I also found that with the number of characters included, it felt as though it was hard to distinguish the important characters. The switching of narrators is enjoyable for the plot, however did lead to a feeling of detachment from the characters.

I would recommend this book to those who enjoy fantasy novels. This is a story of magic, adventures, and royalty. However, there are some minor mentions of profanity and vulgar scenes. Because of this, I would recommend this book to those aged 16 and up. There is a vast amount of world building and detail included in this book, which creates for a great fantasy experience.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

MarianaFigueira
Favorite Book: Tujunga
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marianafigueira.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by MarianaFigueira »

I read this one as well, and I really liked it. Thanks for sharing👍
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by RavingReads »

Thanks for reading and the reply!

anua24060
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anua24060.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by anua24060 »

Yes, it gets slow sometimes. But the story picks up greatly in the following books. Thanks for the thorough review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”